• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice periods

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Sounds like you are trying to convince everyone. Particularly yourself.

Anyway : happily married is an oxymoron.
    That's irony, that is...

Particularly since you got married last Saturday...

(How did it go BP, btw)

You're too sensitive sometimes SY01 - you take this forum a little too personally.

Don't do the same thing with the norks...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      That's irony, that is...

Particularly since you got married last Saturday...

(How did it go BP, btw)

You're too sensitive sometimes SY01 - you take this forum a little too personally.

Don't do the same thing with the iamaprats...
      Only regarding things that are important to me. I would honestly see joking about the stability of someone's marriage as a no go area tbh. Especially if they were recently married themselves.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        ....... I would honestly see joking about the stability of someone's marriage as a no go area tbh..........
        Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        .........programmer I am helping is a lass, from Scouseland who is a really lovely lady. She just confided she has split from her long term boyfriend and is really upset. I really feel for her as she is such a genuinely lovely person. I am (for the record) happily married with 3 kids, but to take the usual demob happy approach seems wrong to me........
        I think to be fair - YOU STARTED IT!
        Then you repeated (a few times) "I am happily married" to elicit a few more "go for it boy!" comments......

If you didn't want to trigger a few jibes about shagging the scouse you would obviously never have mentioned her or certainly never mentioned her being "lovely", "split from boyfriend" etc

We know that you got canned.... Most of us sympathise..... Most of us are happy to have a bit of banter with you to lift your spirits.... but FFS if you start off a thread implying the chance of a quick knobbing before you go DON'T get all shirty when you get the bleeding obvious responses (that you must have expected or even hoped for!!!)

Just my 2p

Comment

Have I stumbled into the Jeremy Kyle show?

...........Wanders off to find CUK again.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
            Have I stumbled into the Jeremy Kyle show?
            DNA test results after the break...

Comment

Working...
            X