• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice periods

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    To that end that have organised dinner for next Monday night. Which was nice.
    Sounds like a date *

* just continuing the general theme but DON'T DO IT.

Do what you can but don't kill yourself over it. Who knows, they may find another months money from somewhere.

Comment

It's not all bad.

Just broke the news to a few permie colleagues as they might need to know stuff before I go. After the obligatory surprised and shocked responses, one commented on how I was the first contractor "in a long while not to leave under a cloud". Apparently there is a track record of contractors getting hacked of and jumping ship.

You've been canned! to me that = leaving under a cloud

Those other contractors obviously had the foresight to quit before allowing the PM the sadistic pleasure of giving them the boot. If you've got any gumption you'll at least surreptitiously scratch his car before you leave .

Comment

I repeat.

I am happily married.
        Sounds like you are trying to convince everyone. Particularly yourself.

Anyway : happily married is an oxymoron.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Sounds like you are trying to convince everyone. Particularly yourself.

Sure. Whatever you say. I wish you well.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Was that an idea from N@rksome Nora's, the Sexy Scouse Strumpet?

Get you wife to come up for the goodbye meal.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Was that an idea from N@rksome Nora's, the Sexy Scouse Strumpet?

Still on the bench then. Get a life.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Oh, Scourer. You've only been married five days!
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Still on the bench then. Get a life.
                  That was actually a serious suggestion, however impractical.

Get someone to babysit, have that last night in the hotel together, the Missus goes shopping on your last morning and you go back home together.

And yes, I'm on the bench. Your seat is now the one on the end, not under the awning, with the splinters and the screw head sticking out. Ignore the silvery trails, unless you are happy to believe they are from snails.

And get that bloody web service finished and stop drivelling on here, you work-shy bugger.

Comment

That was actually a serious suggestion, however impractical.

Get someone to babysit, have that last night in the hotel together, the Missus goes shopping on your last morning and you go back home together.

And yes, I'm on the bench. Your seat is now the one on the end, not under the awning, with the splinters and the screw head sticking out. Ignore the silvery trails, unless you are happy to believe they are from snails.

And get that bloody web service finished and stop drivelling on here, you work-shy bugger.

Cuddle up next to you next week then. If your still on the bench that is. You never know. Chin up.

Comment

The best you can do is help her to thoroughly understand what's already done. Realistically there's not much you can add in 2 days, and the harder you try the more bugs you'll leave behind.
                      I always plan to do no new coding in my last week on a project for that reason, though it seldom works out like that.

Oh, and remove any personal belongings from the client site now. You can take the girl out of Liverpool...

Comment

Working...
                      X