• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Winkers who go to work with Swine Flu

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    That's quite an admission to make publicly.
    What, that I'm a dog owner?
    There were more intimate implications than that:

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Menelaus, you have a boyfriend called Chunks
    No dear

Golden retriever, called Millie, if that helps?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      IPeople on this forum don't discuss going to work with a cold. They discuss going into work when so ill it's a struggle to make the commute.
      I would suggest they discuss both scenarios. However if you feel you have to manipulate the evidence to make your point seem less weak, then feel free. You have simply continued digging whilst at the bottom of a hole.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

On the other hand, maybe your work doesn't require much in the way of brainpower?
        Given SB's posting record, that's pretty obvious isn't it?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

People on this forum don't discuss going to work with a cold. They discuss going into work when so ill it's a struggle to make the commute. I doubt many people can deliver top-quality work in such situations.
          eWtfHS

(exactly W the **** HS)

We're all self-employed, entrepreneurial types. Our not being permies is a lifestyle choice - and never forget it, please.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            There were more intimate implications than that:
            Ah. Yes. A point of clarity, indeed. Innit.

I own a golden retriever.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Oh stop being such a permie!!
              At least if a contractor goes to work whilst feeling crap he gets paid to feel crap. Always makes it seem more worthwhile to me. You are just worried that weedy pigeons like you contract something that your feeble metabolism struggles to overcome. As the say in Russia.........Tuffski!!
              At my partner's office one guy comes in though his wife has been diagnosed with swine flu. He is likely to be able to infect others whether he shows sympoms or not. So my partner has decided not to visit her elderly parents for the moment, in case she carries it to them and kills them. Another of her colleagues in the office has decided likewise. Thanks mate for effing up other people's lives, glad you're not showing any symptoms. But if my partner or her parents die from swine flu, you will be showing some symptoms of something.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                At my partner's office one guy comes in though his wife has been diagnosed with swine flu. He is likely to be able to infect others whether he shows sympoms or not. So my partner has decided not to visit her elderly parents for the moment, in case she carries it to them and kills them. Another of her colleagues in the office has decided likewise. Thanks mate for effing up other people's lives, glad you're not showing any symptoms. But if my partner or her parents die from swine flu, you will be showing some symptoms of something.
                If you can prove where you got it from. Is there no other possible source?

I could easily get swine flu in office, train, supermarket, park, at my wedding next weekend, etcetc. Mrs BP's mother awaiting a triple bypass at the moment so we need to keep clear. But what can one do?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  If you can prove where you got it from. Is there no other possible source?

I could easily get swine flu in office, train, supermarket, park, at my wedding next weekend, etcetc. Mrs BP's mother awaiting a triple bypass at the moment so we need to keep clear. But what can one do?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I would take great delight in infecting the permies.

Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    So my partner has decided not to visit her elderly parents for the moment, in case she carries it to them and kills them.
                    If your partner had researched it properly they would realise that unlike traditional flu, the older generation are faring better largely as a result of the fact that in their distant past they have had some exposure to similar viruses, and have developed some resistance accordingly.
                    Oh and another thing, keep your pointless threats to yourself.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      ... DO all PM's have a congenital aversion to logical thinking?
                      No. It's a straightforward inability, not an aversion. I think it comes of spending too much time with managers.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X