• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The problem with a Filet-o-fish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I spent a week in Munich and just couldn't get used to the local food, raw fish in a bread roll WTF? I left thinking Germany is the only country where the traditional food is blander than ours. Munich has fantastic Turkish and Italian restaurants though.
    When I lived in Germany as a scaley brat I used to love the schnellimbiss. I'm sure there was nicer food but, hey, I was a kid...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie View Post
      Riesling though. Now you're talking.
      I've got 24 bottles of Deidesheimer Paradiesgarten 1998 Riesling Spatlese in the wine cabinet; they've been there for a few years after they spent a couple of years in boxes in the garage. Opened one at the weekend and it needed 10 minutes to breathe, but it is fantastic. Apparently some dry rieslings can age for more than 20 years and still be very good. Amazing stuff. Germany continues to produce the best and the worst white wines in the world.

Had a 1976 trockenbeerenauslese om holiday last november; unforgettable. A bit pricey though.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

In case you feel like eating out

http://www.pizzaexpressoffers.co.uk/

Comment

The BIG problem with Filet-o-fish is they never have one ready so its always a 'park in bay 1 please' job. Plus, bay 2 is always filled with a carload of knobjockeys with a big stereo so you get treated to a constant 'dum dum dum' while waiting. That is why i go Big Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
            is that it still leaves you hungry after.
            I only eat them when I'm hung-over and don't have access to Bombay Bad Boys....
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              I only eat them when I'm hung-over and don't have access to Bombay Bad Boys....
              Now that IS a quality snack. I eat far to many of those beauties. That sauce sachet is evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I've got 24 bottles of Deidesheimer Paradiesgarten 1998 Riesling Spatlese in the wine cabinet; they've been there for a few years after they spent a couple of years in boxes in the garage. Opened one at the weekend and it needed 10 minutes to breathe, but it is fantastic. Apparently some dry rieslings can age for more than 20 years and still be very good. Amazing stuff. Germany continues to produce the best and the worst white wines in the world.

Had a 1976 trockenbeerenauslese om holiday last november; unforgettable. A bit pricey though.
                May have to hunt down a bottle or two. Thanks for the tip. OH came home with a bottle of Gruner Veltliner? which is nice and easy to drink. Curry and Cobra (beer not snake) tonight though. Mmm.
                I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Most of you smeggers are living in the UK. Why would anyone have a f-o-f when you can have genuine Fish and Chips.

bastards
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Most of you smeggers are living in the UK. Why would anyone have a f-o-f when you can have genuine Fish and Chips.

bastards
                    I don't live in the UK and I don't like chips.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

but the fish man, the fish...
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X