• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The problem with a Filet-o-fish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    So no fruit or veg then?
    Oh yeah, I'm totally on top of this. 20% fats, 40% carbs, 40% protein. Veg goes towards my protein and carb intake...

I'm talking about meat. I'm getting my kids off sausages and burgers as they're generally full of crap. In fact, I'm considering buying a meat grinder so I can do my own mince as well, out of steak bought at the cash and carry for about 25% of the supermarket price.

Every little helps...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      Oh yeah, I'm totally on top of this. 20% fats, 40% carbs, 40% protein. Veg goes towards my protein and carb intake...

I'm talking about meat. I'm getting my kids off sausages and burgers as they're generally full of crap. In fact, I'm considering buying a meat grinder so I can do my own mince as well, out of steak bought at the cash and carry for about 25% of the supermarket price.

Every little helps...
      Sausages are the worst. Pigs heads/arses/younameit goes into those things. Really must get around to joing up at a Cash and Carry if its so cheap.
      I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie View Post
        Sausages are the worst. Pigs heads/arses/younameit goes into those things. Really must get around to joing up at a Cash and Carry if its so cheap.
        I'm going to sound really dull now but:

£16 for 5kg of chicken fillets. Works out about 28 fillets.
        £35 for a slab of sirloin which I cut into 17 good size steaks.

Bargain...

Comment

I'm going to sound really dull now but:

£16 for 5kg of chicken fillets. Works out about 28 fillets.
          £35 for a slab of sirloin which I cut into 17 good size steaks.

Bargain...
          Not bad at all. Assumimg that you've either got a decent deep freeze or a mammoth appetite.

Which C&C? Do you have to pay to join?
          I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

What’s wrong with eating pig’s head?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              The only fast food I can stomach these days is Nando's or a Shish kebab.
              They do Nandos as fast-food? I've only seen them as sit-down restaurants, cheap food but decent place.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                What’s wrong with eating pig’s head?
                Suppose that its slightly better than a pigs arse but it's still no ribeye steak is it?

Comment

Not bad at all. Assumimg that you've either got a decent deep freeze or a mammoth appetite.

Which C&C? Do you have to pay to join?
                  Makro. No fee...

Comment

Suppose that its slightly better than a pigs arse but it's still no ribeye steak is it?
                    I like my rib-eye steaks as much as anyone, but brawn makes a nice change, especially with beetroot and a good Riesling. Ooh, almost forgot the sauerkraut. Delicious.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Any processed meat is ultimately bad for you. My rule of thumb is that, if it doesn't look like it's been cut directly from a dead animal, don't eat it...
                      Sounds like tripe to me. Processing isn't inherently bad, the problem is if the processed food costs less than the same weight of cheap meat.
                      Steak mince is still just steak, expensive burgers and sausages are made from decent meat, people just don't want to spend the same on sausages as they do on steak!
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X