• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The problem with a Filet-o-fish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Sounds like tripe to me. Processing isn't inherently bad, the problem is if the processed food costs less than the same weight of cheap meat.
    Steak mince is still just steak, expensive burgers and sausages are made from decent meat, people just don't want to spend the same on sausages as they do on steak!
    I definitely don't eat tripe. Disgusting stuff...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Sounds like tripe to me. Processing isn't inherently bad, the problem is if the processed food costs less than the same weight of cheap meat.
      Steak mince is still just steak, expensive burgers and sausages are made from decent meat, people just don't want to spend the same on sausages as they do on steak!
      No. Thats offal. Different kettle of kidneys.
      I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        I like my rib-eye steaks as much as anyone, but brawn makes a nice change, especially with beetroot and a good Riesling. Ooh, almost forgot the sauerkraut. Delicious.
        That's one strange menu. One which I really wouldn't have ever put together even if I had a random set of food item written on bits of paper then threw them up in the air to see what landed next to each other.

Riesling though. Now you're talking.
        I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

They do Nandos as fast-food? I've only seen them as sit-down restaurants, cheap food but decent place.
          No I suppose it's not really fast food as such but whenever I go to Cribbs Causeway shopping mall Nandos is competing with BK, KFC etc, not hard to make a decision faced with that.

I normally avoid chain restaurants at all costs but Nandos is the exception.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie View Post
            That's one strange menu. One which I really wouldn't have ever put together even if I had a random set of food item written on bits of paper then threw them up in the air to see what landed next to each other.

Riesling though. Now you're talking.
            It's a German menu, popular in the Rhineland Pfalz region which produces the very best Rieslings of them all. I’ve spent so long living in Germanic cultures that I might just be the world’s only Englishman who likes sauerkraut.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It's a German menu, popular in the Rhineland Pfalz region which produces the very best Rieslings of them all. I’ve spent so long living in Germanic cultures that I might just be the world’s only Englishman who likes sauerkraut.
              Speaking of Germany, I'm taking my motorbike to the Harz and Eifel mountains in May.

Is it nice?

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                Speaking of Germany, I'm taking my motorbike to the Harz and Eifel mountains in May.

Is it nice?
                Very nice indeed. Can rain a lot though. You might want to stop off in this place for a good meal;

http://www.schlosslehen.de/2006/HTML...dex_frame.html

The village is a bit boring, next to the Audi factory, but it’s a good hotel with an excellent restaurant.

You could ride a bit further toward Koblenz, which is a very nice place indeed, or to Luxemburg. You’ll find there are lots of luxury hotels built in castles, and some of them have outstainding restaurants.

Comment

I spent a week in Munich and just couldn't get used to the local food, raw fish in a bread roll WTF? I left thinking Germany is the only country where the traditional food is blander than ours. Munich has fantastic Turkish and Italian restaurants though.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Very nice indeed. Can rain a lot though. You might want to stop off in this place for a good meal;

http://www.schlosslehen.de/2006/HTML...dex_frame.html

The village is a bit boring, next to the Audi factory, but it’s a good hotel with an excellent restaurant.

You could ride a bit further toward Koblenz, which is a very nice place indeed, or to Luxemburg. You’ll find there are lots of luxury hotels built in castles, and some of them have outstainding restaurants.
                    Nice one. Have some karma

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                      I spent a week in Munich and just couldn't get used to the local food, raw fish in a bread roll WTF? I left thinking Germany is the only country where the traditional food is blander than ours. Munich has fantastic Turkish and Italian restaurants though.
                      Germany’s big, with a lot of regional food that can be very good. Sure, it’s not flashy or decorative like French cuisine, but it can be very good indeed, and you’ll almost always get good value for money.

We went to this place recently; food's just outstanding, but of course it's 3 stars, so expect to pay a couple of hundred euros;
                      linky. The hotel nextdoor is very good, just a little out of fashion in the decoration, but hey, that's Germany.

Comment

Working...
                      X