• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm Back!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Anybody know the russian for "scum"?
    (And no, I don't think it's Chelski!)
    Bogeyman might know. He is in Kola Peninsula afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Bogeyman might know. He is in Kola Peninsula afterall.
      I've a feeling that he's not my number one fan at the moment...

I'll ask him later...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        for appropriate issues, as you could have told if you read my previous posts.
        And who the hell are you to decide what's appropriate for somebody else's kids?
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Anybody know the russian for "scum"?
          (And no, I don't think it's Chelski!)
          накипь

but it more means "scale" as in a kettle.

You probably want

хулиган

which is hooligan,
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            And who the hell are you to decide what's appropriate for somebody else's kids?
            Ah, so if my neighbours kids start carrying knives that's not my problem?
            Admittedly crying over a football match is rather different, but Churchill's point is that that it shows society's values can be rather warped - which is a problem for all of us.

Perhaps your comment says more about what is wrong with this society - everything is considered relative, there is not right or wrong any more.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Oi.... You can't turn up 153 posts into a proper CUK pointless argument and try to inject reason. There would be anarchy. You have to follow the 'rules'.

Rules:
              1. There is only black and white. Grey does not exist here (even conceptually)
              2. You have to pick your side at the beginning, you can't change just cos your team is losing.
              3. Name calling is initialy only acceptable if you feel you have scored a point.
              4. After the first name calling it's a freeforall
              5. Quotes can be taken completely out of context but editing is not allowed
              6. Agreeing with your adversary but adding at the end is acceptable but not a strong move.
              7 Pedantry is only minor point scoring.

Now, unless you can think of some way of taking this off topic I suggest you think about your actions.

Comment

That's not taking the argument to it's logical conclusion, that's taking it over the horizon to lala land.

Admittedly crying over a football match is rather different, but Churchill's point is that that it shows society's values can be rather warped - which is a problem for all of us.
                The KID cried over a football match - something that was probably quite important to him. I'm pretty sure he'll get over it and turn out to be a nice chap.

I don't think you can infer much about the ills of society from a 7 year old.

Perhaps your comment says more about what is wrong with this society - everything is considered relative, there is not right or wrong any more.
                Taking your argument a bit further, are you trying to say our society is too permissive, and the government should take a fuller role in parenting? Who should police the parents.

I thought you were one on the board against governmental intrusion.

Comment

Is there any of that pocorn left

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    That's not taking the argument to it's logical conclusion, that's taking it over the horizon to lala land.
                    Wonder what lala land's honorary citizen thinks about this. Lucy, where the hell are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto View Post
                      Wonder what lala land's honorary citizen thinks about this. Lucy, where the hell are you?

Comment

Working...
                      X