• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm Back!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I'm sure you misread my post.
    Oh bollocks!

Misread 'scum'?

How?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Ah this is why I like CUK....

SG in <<puts down popcorn for a mo>> mode.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Crikey.

Churchy's comment was harsh, but that was it, just harsh. If you want him to apologise for being harsh then you're asking him to apologise for his personality - and he'll never back down over that. He's a principled pup, and he's standing by his principles, which he has every right to do.

Bogey - I would wholeheartedly agree with you if he'd specifically targeted someone's son and deliberately insulted them - but I believe he was making a general point - however insensitively - about emotions and logic pertaining to society at large.

His insensitivity is his own business, I don't think it was malicious. Let's not resort to personal insults. Let the mods police this board. If you think his original post was offensive, report it, and let them decide.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          Oh bollocks!

Misread 'scum'?

How?
          Context dear boy, context.

Ah well, who's next...?
          (And yes, I am joking...)

Comment

OK, I've wasted a fair chunk of my time by reading all this.

My conclusions are that:

Churchill has no children and no real idea of what a seven year old is like.

Bogey spotted an inappropriate comment and decided to play moderator.

Brillo took the opportunity to mention f4j AGAIN.

Bluebird should have stayed away.

I shouldn't have bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
              Brillo took the opportunity to mention f4j AGAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                Crikey.

Churchy's comment was harsh, but that was it, just harsh. If you want him to apologise for being harsh then you're asking him to apologise for his personality - and he'll never back down over that. He's a principled pup, and he's standing by his principles, which he has every right to do.

Bogey - I would wholeheartedly agree with you if he'd specifically targeted someone's son and deliberately insulted them - but I believe he was making a general point - however insensitively - about emotions and logic pertaining to society at large.

His insensitivity is his own business, I don't think it was malicious. Let's not resort to personal insults. Let the mods police this board. If you think his original post was offensive, report it, and let them decide.
                Thanks for that reasoned and considered post young ninja squirrel.

However, the lack of even the most basic of morals in many posters on this board dismays and and astonishes me, so I'm fkking off.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  And why would that be?
                  You were beaten by your father and you don't think it's ok to express emotion.
                  I'm sure that's enough of a start.

FWIW, I think he'd have a field day with most of us.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                    Crikey.

The voice of reason is back from his hols
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                      Thanks for that reasoned and considered post young ninja squirrel.

However, the lack of even the most basic of morals in many posters on this board dismays and and astonishes me, so I'm fkking off.
                      PM sent.

Comment

Working...
                      X