• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm Back!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    That's not taking the argument to it's logical conclusion, that's taking it over the horizon to lala land.

The KID cried over a football match - something that was probably quite important to him. I'm pretty sure he'll get over it and turn out to be a nice chap.

I don't think you can infer much about the ills of society from a 7 year old.

Taking your argument a bit further, are you trying to say our society is too permissive, and the government should take a fuller role in parenting? Who should police the parents.

I thought you were one on the board against governmental intrusion.

No certainly not re: government.
    I think it's a parents duty to instil a decent appreciation of what matters or not in life - and I will categorically say that any child of mine will swiftly be removed of the notion that crying over a sporting event is acceptable behaviour.
    Read the thread again - apart from Churchill's initial misjudged post he made some good points including educating children to not to worry about things they can't control.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Is there any of that pocorn left
      Dumped the popcorn and joined the cast
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Dumped the popcorn and joined the cast
        Oi **** off! It's not audience participation day!
        (Come back Wednesday!)

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          No certainly not re: government.
          I think it's a parents duty to instil a decent appreciation of what matters or not in life - and I will categorically say that any child of mine will swiftly be removed of the notion that crying over a sporting event is acceptable behaviour.
          Read the thread again - apart from Churchill's initial misjudged post he made some good points including educating children to not to worry about things they can't control.
          Righto. If you think I'm going over that lot again you've got another thing coming.

Who is to police parents that don't agree with you, or to say that your way is correct? I'm not sure if we've got too many child psychologists posting here this week.

I think 7 is too young to be telling kids that they shouldn't be crying (over anything). Obviously you don't. We might have just agreed to differ.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Righto. If you think I'm going over that lot again you've got another thing coming.

Who is to police parents that don't agree with you, or to say that your way is correct? I'm not sure if we've got too many child psychologists posting here this week.

I think 7 is too young to be telling kids that they shouldn't be crying (over anything). Obviously you don't. We might have just agreed to differ.
            We'll agree to differ then
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Let us get this in perspective.

It is the first time that either set of fans had seen their teams in a major final in living memory and may well be the only time they get to see them in a major final. There were grown men from both sides crying, either tears of joy or tears of sadness.

Both inside and outside the ground there was no trouble, fans of both teams travelled on the tube together talking to each other, no problem at all. It was quite a carnival atmosphere both before and after the game.

I was there so can provide a first hand witness account.

I hope that Bluebird's little one continues to go to football. It took me over 30 years of going to see my team win a major trophy but that is what being a fan is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post

It is the first time that either set of fans had seen their teams in a major final in living memory and may well be the only time they get to see them in a major final. There were grown men from both sides crying, either tears of joy or tears of sadness.

Both inside and outside the ground there was no trouble, fans of both teams travelled on the tube together talking to each other, no problem at all. It was quite a carnival atmosphere both before and after the game.

I hope that Bluebird's little one continues to go to football. It took me over 30 years of going to see my team win a major trophy but that is what being a fan is all about.
                You sound like a fan, better get your flame-proofs on...
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

It's a game!

Sport.

No virgins were sacrificed - on either side!

What's with the tears?

<clap> there's another dead kid in Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    <clap> there's another dead kid in Africa.
                    Oi Bono - stop it ya evil b4st***

Comment

Oi Bono - stop it ya evil b4st***
                      Right, the pub's open, enough fun for the day.

TTFN, Oi bogey, I'll leave a pint of Creme De Menthe in for you, ya puff!

Comment

Working...
                      X