• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London (yet again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London (yet again)

Contract renewal coming up :

What's good about working in London ?

Who enjoy working in London and why ?

Also noticed lots of cheap flats, eg £1200 in Mayfair.

What's the catch ?
    I'm alright Jack

I don't know what's good in London, but I know sadguru lives there.

HTH

Comment

The weak can't deal with London, the strong grow rich and blossom.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
        Contract renewal coming up :

What's good about working in London ?

Who enjoy working in London and why ?
        Nothing. Not me. Cos I couldn't get 600 quid a day.

Btw, me and Blaster are trying to swap between Zurich and London.

Btw, don't you have a flat that you have to leave Blaster?
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Quiet. And the smart choose to live in a nice quiet places

Comment

600p/d and I'm in the countryside. Don't know about the smart bit though
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              I don't know what's good in London, but I know sadguru lives there.

HTH

London has everything (except for farms, horse, fields, contry lanes), but to bring up kids you need money, so I can understand why families move out. If you are single and enjoy life (unless you are a rambler) then its fantastic.

What gets me is the people who live outside of London who have to tell everyone how awful London is to which I have two questions:

1. Who are you trying to convince?
              2. Is not life what you make of it wherever you are?
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                Quiet. And the smart choose to live in a nice quiet places
                I couldnt think of anything worse than living somewhere quiet.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru

so how do you cope?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    I can't believe how naive londoners can be.

How can you claim to be rich as you cannot even afford to buy a nice property in a nice area? But don't worry you are still probably in the top 5% richest people in London (who amazingly cannot even afford to buy a nice house - not to mention second homes in the mountains/seaside or yacht).

Londoners are like big babies, they are given their machine toys and they think they are driving a formula one car.
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                    X