• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London (yet again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at 31 can an old fart like me still make it in the big smoke?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
      31 is prime time ....plenty of high flying career women who need some lovin...
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
        Well, you are a bit old for London. I was fine until 35 but I generally looked a few years less. As you soon as you look over 30 you are a bit too old for London, sorry mate (unless you are keen on old slappers then you get plenty of them in London ). You can cover it a bit but not too much.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
          I can't believe how naive londoners can be.

How can you claim to be rich as you cannot even afford to buy a nice property in a nice area? But don't worry you are still probably in the top 5% richest people in London (who amazingly cannot even afford to buy a nice house - not to mention second homes in the mountains/seaside or yacht).

Londoners are like big babies, they are given their machine toys and they think they are driving a formula one car.
          A well off person can afford a 'cottage', that's a terraced house designed for factory workers to you and me. They can pretend it's urban chic to live in a 19th century paupers house which borders onto a crime hotspot. You get mugged and burgled once a year, but hey if you can't stand the heat.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

The Norwegian lass is fine for me, all blonde and boobies

and very white teeth..
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
              I do (soon did) live in London, I just don't like to be poor (and in terms of many european standards that's what Londoners are) even if I have a top paid permie job or contract, that's it. Sure if you are young and can mingle with all the other foreign lovely girls around then it might be worth doing it though - ah but gone are the times where I could.....
              The mistake you make is to think all Londoners are poor like you.
              I think most professional Londoners of a certain age are much better off than their continental counterparts - if only because they could sell their London property and buy 2 or 3 in any other city e.g. Berlin.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                A well off person can afford a 'cottage', that's a terraced house designed for factory workers to you and me. They can pretend it's urban chic to live in a 19th century paupers house which borders onto a crime hotspot. You get mugged and burgled once a year, but hey if you can't stand the heat.
                Like Francko, you speak for yerself.
                HTH
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                  Like Francko, you speak for yerself.
                  HTH
                  Says the man who lived in a slum area.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    Says the man who lived in a slum area.
                    Yes Hoxton is quite a slum ....
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                      Yes Hoxton is quite a slum ....
                      first google hit...

Hoxton today is one of the most fashionable parts of inner London, yet within living memory it was the capital's most notorious slum area

Comment

Working...
                      X