• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London (yet again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss
    first google hit...

Hoxton today is one of the most fashionable parts of inner London, yet within living memory it was the capital's most notorious slum area
    Most of London was once a slum. And your point is? Or are you just thick?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      Most of London was once a slum.
      I hear it was all even after that big fire, not sure which century.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        I hear it was all even after that big fire, not sure which century.
        17th.
        HTH
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Most of London was once a slum. And your point is? Or are you just thick?
          You don't listen to anyones point you just want to tell us how great you are. If we all agree will you fook off?

like I said Londoners pay through the nose to live in ex slums with housing designed for paupers. QED.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Never visited Hoxton by day, but my night it's got some great bars and I didn't notice any girls in tracksuits wheeling prams. There were plenty of hot ones though.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

As you soon as you look over 30 you are a bit too old for London, sorry mate (unless you are keen on old slappers then you get plenty of them in London ). You can cover it a bit but not too much.
              What do you class an an 'old slapper?'

What you're saying essentially is that the London singles scene is only good if you're (or look) below 30?

How about the rest of the world? At what age would one be 'too old for the rest of the world'?
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                The Plague and cholera helped a lot too...
                Hoxton was a slum in the 20th century, but hats off to Sasguru, he's done really well hasn't he everyone? give him a pat on the head.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                  You don't listen to anyones point you just want to tell us how great you are. If we all agree will you fook off?

like I said Londoners pay through the nose to live in ex slums with housing designed for paupers. QED.
                  The irony of the above 2 statements speaks for itself.
                  Let's all bow to Bagpuss's immense knowledge of the London housing market.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

The mistake you make is to think all Londoners are poor like you.
                    I think most professional Londoners of a certain age are much better off than their continental counterparts - if only because they could sell their London property and buy 2 or 3 in any other city e.g. Berlin.
                    If I am poor then you are too as we earn the same salary.

Can you really believe in what you are writing? You are rich because you can buy somewhere else. Only londoners can say something like this. What's the point? So even people in Nigeria can be considered rich because they can buy in Congo? London is a great place to live if you are young and you need human and professional experience. Beyond that you get much less than in most of the major developed towns of the world and England itself.
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                      I couldnt think of anything worse than living somewhere quiet.
                      Living somewhere quiet with Atw perhaps.

Comment

Working...
                      X