• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London (yet again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw
    You can have more fun in London than you can in any other British city IMO - based on living in some and visiting most others. Yeah it's got negatives, but where doesn't - I like my citites big, cosmopitan and exciting. London is well up there in any dept you care to mention.

Yeah it's expensive for outsiders, but if you live and work here you get compensated accordingly (I get paid almost double what I'd get anywhere else in the UK and nowhere in Europe comes close to the same rates), with the added benefit everywhere else you visit is cheap - and since it's the worlds main travel hub everywhere is accessibly and cheap to get too.
    No-one lasts more than 10 years unless they are an utter coont
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
      No-one lasts more than 10 years unless they are an utter coont
      Poor Bagpuss - your psychology of envy is easily exposed.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
        Poor Bagpuss - your psychology of envy is easily exposed.

How very predictable you are, everyone envies you don't they?
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
          How very predictable you are, everyone envies you don't they?
          Even you may lose your virginity if you came to London...
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
            Even you may lose your virginity if you came to London...
            No thanks mate, I'll stick to women

Comment

No need to pretend. We all know you're the only gay in the village (although you also moonlight as the village idiot).
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Spent 2 yrs commuting from Surrey to London and now live in Wapping, 20min walk to work which is bliss. Doesn't matter what your thoughts are of London, there is so much happening, so much variety. Nightlife is top banana, not too rough if u know where to go, great restaurants, all the shows are there and the airports are close with budget flights to Europe. It's expensive, but then wages are so much higher than any other city.

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
                  Spent 2 yrs commuting from Surrey to London and now live in Wapping, 20min walk to work which is bliss. Doesn't matter what your thoughts are of London, there is so much happening, so much variety. Nightlife is top banana, not too rough if u know where to go, great restaurants, all the shows are there and the airports are close with budget flights to Europe. It's expensive, but then wages are so much higher than any other city.
                  So to recap.... it's a good place because you can buy houses abroad and take a flight to go somewhere else....

This reminds me of AtW that once said that the good thing about living in Britain and not in Russia is that now (he thinks) he gets a chance of getting a russian girlfriend because of his passport.

Is it me again missing something?
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko

Is it me again missing something?
                    Yes try reading his post. He says he ENJOYS London - which you don't. I would leave if I were you. Stop whining and let us Londoners get on with our lives in the greatest city on the world.

HTH

PS Jeez these foreigners - we welcome them, give them jobs and all they can do is moan. As if there are any jobs in Rome anyway
                    Last edited by sasguru; 9 May 2007, 15:26.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                      So to recap.... it's a good place because you can buy houses abroad and take a flight to go somewhere else....

It is good to get out and see how the other half lives
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X