• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London (yet again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the many good things about living in the UK rather than in some 3rd world backwards country is that I can go to a local park feed ducks and people don't kill them there for food or fun, they hold dogs on leash, or when I play with some local pussy cat then someone who walks the dog would actually go to the other side of the street with the dog not to disturb the cat and me - this is quiet shockingly nice to be honest, I don't think something like this will happen in Russia anytime soon if at all.

Another thing is that you are unlikely to get a dose of Polonium-210 from Bliar or even G.Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      No need to pretend. We all know you're the only gay in the village (although you also moonlight as the village idiot).
      Not much call these days when you do such a great job.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
        Not much call these days when you do such a great job.
        Bah! You can do better than that...
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          One of the many good things about living in the UK rather than in some 3rd world backwards country is that I can go to a local park feed ducks and people don't kill them there for food or fun, they hold dogs on leash, or when I play with some local pussy cat then someone who walks the dog would actually go to the other side of the street with the dog not to disturb the cat and me - this is quiet shockingly nice to be honest, I don't think something like this will happen in Russia anytime soon if at all.

Another thing is that you are unlikely to get a dose of Polonium-210 from Bliar or even G.Brown.
          Well said AtW, and thank you. Sometimes we lose a sense of perspective about our own lives/environment which is why having someone's view from outside is much more interesting than petty squabbles about.. nothing
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
            Well said AtW, and thank you. Sometimes we lose a sense of perspective about our own lives/environment which is why having someone's view from outside is much more interesting than petty squabbles about.. nothing
            Erm, no it's not!

Comment

If it wasn't for arguing about nothing where would this great nation be?
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                Erm, no it's not!
                are you saying that I am missing something from this "intellectual discussion" between saguru and bagopuss?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by AtW

Perhaps it's not like Russia or a third world country but the crime rate in London is high. Well, a lot higher than many other european cities where you normally need to look for troubles to have troubles while here you are at risk even in nice and posh areas. Unless they start doing like New York (and it seems like they are not going into this direction) the situation can only get worse.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                    Yes thanks, indeed people tend to take things for granted, especially good things and only notice them when they disappear, and sometimes don't notice that at all

Comment

Stop whining and let us Londoners get on with our lives in the greatest city on the world.
                      Here here - what is it with people choosing to live somewhere they don't like and moaning about it?

FFS there's the door - don't bang your head on the way out!
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X