• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

October Budget is "going to be painful", Starmer warns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October Budget is "going to be painful", Starmer warns

An interesting report from The Financial Reporter with areas being considered to include Capital gains tax / Inheritance / Principal residence relief / Pensions / Death / Wealth.

https://www.financialreporter.co.uk/...mer-warns.html

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
    ..with areas being considered to include .. Death ..
    Good idea. Bump off those to whom the government would otherwise be making payments

Comment

So Non doms (before they leave teh country)
      Water companies - before they assets strip & run
      CGT - so BTL as they get forced to sell

Death duties - take the pennies from your eyes.
      Pensions so we can all be broke after 55

so a proper lube up!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        So Non doms (before they leave teh country)
        Water companies - before they assets strip & run
        CGT - so BTL as they get forced to sell

Death duties - take the pennies from your eyes.
        Pensions so we can all be broke after 55

so a proper lube up!
        Good job this was all mentioned in the election manifesto so that all those daft enough to vote Labour knew what they were getting into.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I feel ill just listening to that smug twat. Maybe I'll retire when I'm 80, if I can find enough jobs to keep me going that long, that is.

Comment

Starmers nose is competing with Pinocchio it just keeps getting longer. He wanted a harder and longer lockdown during Covid and he spent a lot of energy scuppering the former governments plans for immigration control as well as scuppering them extracting value from Brexit. But it's all the previous governments fault and his plan is err, what?

Comment

Probably include NI for pensioners as well. They only said no rises to NI/Income tax and VAT for "working people" - anyone else is fair game.

Comment

Nice to see the knee-jerk-no-thought Tory folk on their outing today. Yes, yes, it's all going to be dreadful. Now have a cup of cocoa.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Nice to see the knee-jerk-no-thought Tory folk on their outing today. Yes, yes, it's all going to be dreadful. Now have a cup of cocoa.
                  Nice trolling. Would you care to remind the esteemed audience just how much skin you have in the game?

Permie Swiss
                  So your opinion on this can be treated as the ramblings of a cretin
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Oh no, don’t tell me the previous government left the country in such a mess (Remember the lettuce?) that we’re going to have a few years of austerity measures, but this time instead of impacting the poorest and services, it might be slightly spread out to include those with incomes of multiples of the average salary.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X