• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

October Budget is "going to be painful", Starmer warns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pips: get ready to squeak. .

14 years of the previous useless ******* and you wanted them back for another 5 years?

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Nice trolling. Would you care to remind the esteemed audience just how much skin you have in the game?

Permie Swiss
      So your opinion on this can be treated as the ramblings of a cretin
      Correct. I have no skin in the game at all - I didn't vote during the GE, even though I've been re-enfrachised. But it's fun to watch the Tory fanboyz meltdown.

Btw, it doesn't make me a It just means I upset you. Now drink your cocoa and calm down
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

They have set out their stall to soak the rich and remove any tax breaks so I would expect they will go after untaxed capital gains like house price appreciation or the private pension loop-hole via inheritance tax reform or increasing CGT to income tax levels.

Complete removal of div tax allowance.
        EV BIK to match ICE vehicles.
        Income tax on private pensions.
        Allow larger increases on council tax, perhaps even a triple lock type increase each year.
        Extension of the VAT regime like bringing private schools as liable, private members clubs like golf clubs.
        Last edited by BlueSharp; 28 August 2024, 09:20.
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
          Extension of the VAT regime like bringing private schools as liable, private members clubs like golf clubs.
          great idea! should've been done years ago!

Comment

They have set out their stall to soak the rich and remove any tax breaks so I would expect they will go after untaxed capital gains like house price appreciation or the private pension loop-hole via inheritance tax reform or increasing CGT to income tax levels.

Allow larger increases on council tax, perhaps even a triple lock type increase each year.
            Presumably you mean 'Income tax hike on private pensions during drawdown' as it's totally dependent upon how much you are actually taking out. There is no way they will have the balls to claim income tax on the 25% lump sum ... that would be a step too far.

Comment

By "the Rich" you mean anyone that's worked hard enough to have a mortgaged house, some savings and an income somewhere around the national average? Because that is the target. The rich, being much more able to escape, they will simply drive out of the country.

It's all going to horribly wrong in about three months time. Just remember the warm glow you got when this bunch of lying incompetents got elected. They may well make the last bunch of lying incompetents look like the better option.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

The rich, being much more able to escape, they will simply drive out of the country.
                Sure some of them leave but the reality is most of them generally don't… they love London and it's social scene, they have roots, connections, property here etc.

There are sensible ways of raising taxes too - why doesn't winding up a company get a lower tax rate (BDAR), why are DC pensions exempt from IHT if someone dies below age 75 etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2022 View Post

Sure some of them leave but the reality is most of them generally don't… they love London and it's social scene, they have roots, connections, property here etc.

There are sensible ways of raising taxes too - why doesn't winding up a company get a lower tax rate (BDAR), why are DC pensions exempt from IHT if someone dies below age 75 etc.

To be honest, I will be making some hard and rather selfish plans if my not insignificant pension fund is going to be subject to IHT. I fully intend spending it to make my old age very comfortable and escape the IHT penalty that way. The family will get the house; even after the current IHT penalty the estate will net rather more that three times what they already have. If I wind up in care, I will buy the best care I can.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

To be honest, I will be making some hard and rather selfish plans if my not insignificant pension fund is going to be subject to IHT. I fully intend spending it to make my old age very comfortable and escape the IHT penalty that way. The family will get the house; even after the current IHT penalty the estate will net rather more that three times what they already have. If I wind up in care, I will buy the best care I can.
                    But did you invest in your pension to provide you with an income / wealth after you stopped working or did you just see it as a wrapper to potentially give away funds to your benefactors?

Comment

To be honest,
                      I will be making some hard and rather selfish plans
                      honest? are you sure you're a tory?
                      ahhh, - that's more like it! - true blue.

Comment

Working...
                      X