• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sir Kier Starmer - Odds on not completing a full term?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sir Kier Starmer - Odds on not completing a full term?

Given the overly ambitious deputy PM, how long before Sir Kier sits through his vote of no confidence?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Vote Keir get "two gaffs Raynor"?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Maybe they replace Starmer with the new baby MegaMind/Mekon MP

Comment

I think he'll be out before the next election once polling starts going against him. He's got a couple of years yet

Comment

I keep hearing Tony Blair mentioned with regards our new labour gov.

Outside bet The next election will be Tony Blair PM versus Nigel Farage Tory Leader.

Would of sounded insane a year ago. But not so now.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

Outside bet The next election will be Tony Blair PM versus Nigel Farage Tory Leader.

quite

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

Tony B'liar killing economies and foreigners while you wait. Good job the electorate took the safe bet.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Labour tend to be be more "loyal" than the Tories. They stuck with Kinnock even though he kept losing elections.

I'd be surprised if Starmer didn't make it through to the next GE.

Comment

Always worth remembering the impact of 2008-09 was much larger following Brown's mismanagement of borrowing, and as a result the Tories were in a far worse position in 2010 than Labour are now. Also the impact of Covid and the reaction to it, plus Ukraine did a lot of damage and racked up a lot of public debt (no, not PPE, that is only a minor part of it compared to things like the furlough scheme that kept companies alive).

And Reeves must have known the actual position well before the election since a full analysis is available from the OBR and she must have studied that well before last Saturday.

All the signs are that they are preparing the ground for a tax and spend boom. The economy isn't crashed, and is recovering at least as well as most others, but you won't believe that if you listen to the new PR campaign.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I predict at least two terms for him.
                    We're finally rid of the nutters who preferred their own dramas and division to doing anything for the country, particularly fixing all the infrastructure.

Well, I say rid of them, the few that are left will be aiming for the leadership and chances are the winner will drag them further right, losing them the next election at least and possibly destroying them for good.

/popcorn

Comment

Working...
                    X