• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sir Kier Starmer - Odds on not completing a full term?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

bring back the birch
    reinstate the death penalty
    bring back national service
    wibble
    wibble
    and other english nationalist sh1te.
    what a moron you are.
    Well that told him!

Oi Vetran! SadWan KingWilly called your pint a puff!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Having an aging (non-productive) population just compounds the problem.
      Yes, but we have an ageing population because of a boom in population after WW2. Having another big boom in population is just kicking the problem down the road, migrants grow old too.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Labour cr*p laws coming in already. Ban on oil exploration in North Sea and more restrictions on landlords. Other idiocy to follow.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Labour cr*p laws coming in already. Ban on oil exploration in North Sea and more restrictions on landlords. Other idiocy to follow.
          The whole North Sea thing is a joke - it doesn't make the country any less energy independent, because oil production is done by global businesses at global prices.

If you want energy security in a country, then you need to have the generation and the means of creating it, not just the means to find and sell elsewhere.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

If we build more houses, at least we'll be better able to accommodate all the immigrants.
            Last edited by woody1; 11 July 2024, 12:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Well that told him!

you kin wind yer neck in an' aw!

Comment

Originally posted by woody1 View Post
                House building is probably the easier of the two to influence through Govt policy eg. imposing targets on local authorities, relaxing planning.

Immigration is a very tough nut to crack. It permeates throughout the entire economy/work force. Just as a couple of examples, more than 17% of NHS staff are from overseas, and 24% of university students. Having an aging (non-productive) population just compounds the problem.
                Here's quick clue migrants age too.
                Immigrants deserve a roof over their head as well.

Students are likely to earn higher wages at the end of their studies but can fill lower paid jobs while studying. However automation & AI are filling lower paid jobs already.

Why do we need a million immigrants a year? What do we do when they get old? Their pensions will be tiny having worked on minimum wage!
                You up for building a million council houses a year? Paying for a and paying a million
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Bye Bye landlords should be god for renting problems but great for AirBnB

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Well that told him!

He keeps trying to imagine what I am thinking - he is obsessed with me!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Here's quick clue migrants age too.
                      Immigrants deserve a roof over their head as well.

Students are likely to earn higher wages at the end of their studies but can fill lower paid jobs while studying. However automation & AI are filling lower paid jobs already.

Why do we need a million immigrants a year? What do we do when they get old? Their pensions will be tiny having worked on minimum wage!
                      You up for building a million council houses a year? Paying for a and paying a million
                      I was merely pointing out that stemming it ain't easy without impacting many sectors of the economy and disrupting the NHS, universities etc.

After all, if it was easy, surely the Tories would have got a grip of it after 14 years!
                      Last edited by woody1; 11 July 2024, 14:07.

Comment

Working...
                      X