• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid - Summer of 24

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid - Summer of 24

Originally posted by Zigenare
    Currently sweeping through client site. Any of you lot seen a recent increase in the number of cases in your locale?

Going by the examples on site, it looks like not too many people are taking it seriously but a lot of those infected have had/are having a bad time of it.
    I'm pretty sure my wife and I had it. And our daughter. Probably infected from her pupils at the school where she teachers. Not many symptoms but suddenly very fatigued for about a week.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I'm pretty sure my wife and I had it. And our daughter. Probably infected from her pupils at the school where she teachers. Not many symptoms but suddenly very fatigued for about a week.
    That's strange, what happened to my original post... Bloody forum's as buggy as a dead buffalo!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Set conspiracymode On

Hmm... The weather's turned nice and the Tories are heading for a big election loss.

Time for a national lock-down to protect the public. Better suspend the voting too as it would put too much pressure on the NHS.

Set conspiracymode Off

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

I felt fine out on a walk Friday, within an hour I was repeatedly vomiting clear liquid, very dizzy and sweating. Went straight to A&E, first class service no waiting, put on a drip and they ran blood tests and a covid test.

I am fully vaccinated hence I was shocked the covid test came back positive.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

It's not going away any time soon. Like flu it will keep popping up in various iterations. Just something else to live with.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

I felt fine out on a walk Friday, within an hour I was repeatedly vomiting clear liquid, very dizzy and sweating. Went straight to A&E, first class service no waiting, put on a drip and they ran blood tests and a covid test.

Vaccination won't prevent you from catching Covid - it's only supposed to help prevent it from killing you - as is clearly documented.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

You really shouldn't have drunk that half-pint of knock-off vodka before setting out.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Vaccination won't prevent you from catching Covid - it's only supposed to help prevent it from killing you - as is clearly documented.
                It's to help reduce the severity of the symptoms - therefore reducing deaths, hospitalisations, feeling unwell and a tad under the weather, can't really put my finger on it.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  It's not going away any time soon. Like flu it will keep popping up in various iterations. Just something else to live with.
                  Aye. Once the Chinese have done their gain of function thing on their nice new Ebola-lite virus it'll probably kill us all.

I caught some variety of the Chinese plague back in January with a curious set of symptoms.

It either returned or I caught another less vile version in March/April.

And at the beginning of June I went down with yet another version with a particularly unpleasant cough.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Probably infected from her pupils at the school where she teachers
                    Teachering is a risky occupation

Comment

Working...
                    X