• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Insert Rude Name

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

It actually is in the UK. Depends on the individual with it.
    I understood just having Diabetes isn't, but having a long term disease that affects your ability to work is?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I understood just having Diabetes isn't, but having a long term disease that affects your ability to work is?
      There are conditions e.g. being deaf, cancer, HIV which means you are automatically classed as being disabled. (I think type 1 diabetics are on that list as well but not type 2.) However being automatically classed as being disabled doesn't mean you can't work.

Also some people in work claim PIP to help ensure they can continue to work. I know people who claim it and work.

This is from .govuk

You’re disabled under the Equality Act 2010 if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a ‘substantial’ and ‘long-term’ negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Disabilities now include benefits for neurodiversity.

Friends of ours have a partially deaf child they are entitled to various benefits and a blue badge.
        The thing is people tend to have one condition you know about and other conditions you don't.

So to you it looks like they are only claiming the blue badge because they are deaf but in reality they have got it because of their other conditions which means it isn't safe for them to walk down the road and have to be driven virtually everywhere.

This also goes for people who have neurodiversity. So you may be told they have autism but you won't be told they also have arthritis or Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Then you will get people claiming they got their blue badge/PIP/DLA due to the autism, when if you talk to people who help those complete blue badge/benefit forms it is actually the other condition which the assessor(s) use.

Comment

Disabilities now include benefits for neurodiversity.

Friends of ours have a partially deaf child they are entitled to various benefits and a blue badge.
          Are there benefits for being battulip crazy? I think everyone here is eligible.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and...ts-you-can-get
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Fun fact. I need to use disabled toilets, but you'd never have guessed meeting me.
              Just because you need a magnifying glass to find your willy does not warrant using the disabled toilets.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Just because you need a magnifying glass to find your willy does not warrant using the disabled toilets.
                Unfair - I had to use disabled toilets for a couple of years to take drugs.

Comment

Unfair - I had to use disabled toilets for a couple of years to take drugs.
                  was that the only one with a flat shelf over the cistern?

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

was that the only one with a flat shelf over the cistern?
                    They had yellow clinical waste bins and proper lighting. (My GPs surgery has purple lighting.)

Comment

They had yellow clinical waste bins and proper lighting. (My GPs surgery has purple lighting.)
                      don't see why you need that for snorting coke

Comment

Working...
                      X