• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent on LinkedIn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent on LinkedIn

Agent Sean Bentley of Corecom on Linkedin making wild claims about expenses. It's actually quite fully how clueless he is. One for the scrap book in years to come.

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    Agent Sean Bentley of Corecom on Linkedin making wild claims about expenses. It's actually quite fully how clueless he is. One for the scrap book in years to come.
    I'd never heard of him until he popped up on my LinkedIn a few days ago, presumably the same thread.

If I got the gist of it right, he was even saying if you had to do a load of foreign travel (which might not be 100% predictable before the assignment starts), you should factor that into your day rate and never claim any expenses? Even if that's thousands of pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post

I'd never heard of him until he popped up on my LinkedIn a few days ago, presumably the same thread.

If I got the gist of it right, he was even saying if you had to do a load of foreign travel (which might not be 100% predictable before the assignment starts), you should factor that into your day rate and never claim any expenses? Even if that's thousands of pounds.
      Of course why should your client fund your hair gel habit? Or is that only agents?

I have always charged the client for significant trips if I have to go to Walsall then they have to pay me! And Newcastle or Hull they have to pay me double.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Of course why should your client fund your hair gel habit? Or is that only agents?

I have always charged the client for significant trips if I have to go to Walsall then they have to pay me! And Newcastle or Hull they have to pay me double.
        you're not a contractor though, so why would that be relevant?

Comment

Could you post a linky for us that are too busy to go searching?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

you're not a contractor though, so why would that be relevant?
            I was a contractor many years ago and that is what I did then.

Though then I stayed in the Travelodge/Hilton not posh boutique hotels like now.

Comment

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/sean-...member_desktop

Comment

He's an agent.
                He wants everyone to include expenses in day rates because he doesn't get his 10% on expenses, he only gets it on the day rate.
                Simple as that. A self-serving agent who has no care for understanding business relationships.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

If its daily commute agreed with the contract then fine but if they want me to go on a trip to America / Spain / France then they pay the air fare & hotel just as they would if I was a big consultancy.

But as you say its an agent getting his 10%

Comment

Working...
                  X