• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exercising RoS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercising RoS

Be careful who you send in your place: Deliveroo rider bites off Aldershot customer's thumb

Jenniffer Rocha, 35, attacked the customer in December 2022 near his home in Aldershot in Hampshire.

She was not employed by Deliveroo, but had been working as a "substitute" rider using someone else's account…

"Substitution is and always has been a common feature of self employment - it is not specific to Deliveroo, nor our sector," it added.

Be interesting to see what Deliveroo's T&Cs around substitutes are. Do they state the sub can work but account holder has to make sure insurances are in place and that sub adheres to the contract terms just like the account holder does? If it doesn't and it's open season to let any Tom, Dick and Harry use accounts without conditions that the main holder has to meet then it's going to be mayhem.

Will be interesting to see if anyone will dig in to the legalities of this further as it sounds like there is a massive hole in the process.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Romeo & Juliet Act 1

Abraham: Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?
      Sampson: I do bite my thumb, sir.
      Abraham: Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?
      Sampson (to Gregory): Is the law of our side if I say ay?
      Gregory: No.
      Sampson: No, sir, I do not bite my thumb at you sir; but I bite my thumb, sir.
      I knew A-level Eng Lit would come in useful one day.
      England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

They seem to let kids from 15 use their accounts.

I know from discussion with teens working at the supermarket there is a lot they aren't allowed to do.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          They seem to let kids from 15 use their accounts.

I know from discussion with teens working at the supermarket there is a lot they aren't allowed to do.

what sort of services were you asking for?

I suspect you are after the Bishop.

"No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!"...
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Seriously until these 'gig employers are made to behave like employers we will see JustX etc riders with no lights or insurance. I suspect many motorcyclists exceed their provisional licences.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
              Romeo & Juliet Act 1

I knew A-level Eng Lit would come in useful one day.
              See, I want to go with a "biting the hand that feeds you " gag except it's t'other way around.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X