• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what is with this freaking weather?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is with this freaking weather?

I'm from a EU country where there actually are seasons, we've got warm long summers and cold long winters. Beautiful springs, even better autumns. Some rain.

I've been in the UK for 15 years and for 11 of these years my nose has been congested. Every time I'm back in my hometown for more than 2 weeks, I start breathing well again.

If it wasn't for my life, my work, my partner, my kid, I'd feck off from here in a second. Even more so now with the uk in the condition it is and with the IT industry on its last leg.

Before moving here I was a good athlete, 7-1 record in my amateur muay thai career. Now I'm here with a fecking stuffed nose, unwilling to leave the house because the weather has been crap for months. How do people survive here without becoming an alcoholic?

How are the indians going to survive?

"only" 20 years to retirement and then I can fecking leave

By being double hard bastards. Sorry you don't stack up.

Comment

People of Indian heritage been in the UK for centuries thanks to the British Empire.

So as you see unlike you they are fine (or dead).
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        By being double hard bastards. Sorry you don't stack up.
        sorry but when I look at the people in my office I don't see double hard bastards. I see double wide miserable bastards that won't reach 80 years of age because of where they live, their unhealthy eating habits and the borderline alcoholism.

Comment

I heard on the news that last month was the wettest February on record. Was speaking to a local farmer yesterday, and he said this has been the wettest autumn/winter he's ever known. Farmers round here have barely been able to do any work on the land because the ground is so saturated. And on top of all the rain, there's been gales and storm after storm. The only dry settled period we had was a week or so in early January when it was bloody freezing.

It's certainly been a miserable few months.

Roll on fecking spring.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
            I'm from a EU country where there actually are seasons, we've got warm long summers and cold long winters. Beautiful springs, even better autumns. Some rain.

I've been in the UK for 15 years and for 11 of these years my nose has been congested. Every time I'm back in my hometown for more than 2 weeks, I start breathing well again.

If it wasn't for my life, my work, my partner, my kid, I'd feck off from here in a second. Even more so now with the uk in the condition it is and with the IT industry on its last leg.

Before moving here I was a good athlete, 7-1 record in my amateur muay thai career. Now I'm here with a fecking stuffed nose, unwilling to leave the house because the weather has been crap for months. How do people survive here without becoming an alcoholic?

How are the indians going to survive?

"only" 20 years to retirement and then I can fecking leave
            Scotland and Ireland have worse weather
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

PS. we're off to Lanzarote next week to escape this shyte

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/6297189

Comment

Originally posted by woody1 View Post
                I heard on the news that last month was the wettest February on record. Was speaking to a local farmer yesterday, and he said this has been the wettest autumn/winter he's ever known. Farmers round here have barely been able to do any work on the land because the ground is so saturated. And on top of all the rain, there's been gales and storm after storm. The only dry settled period we had was a week or so in early January when it was bloody freezing.

It's certainly been a miserable few months.

Roll on fecking spring.
                We’re about 1 month ahead in terms of fruit trees, which sounds great except the right pollinators aren’t busy yet.
                We’ve also got creatures (e.g. hedgehogs) that haven’t hibernated this winter because it hasn’t been cold enough.
                The newts are pregnant, the garlic is about a month away from flowering, and bulbs I planted for next year are already up.

I suspect I need another couple of thousand litres of water tanks for the summer if I want to keep it all going through the summer, because it’s just not right at the minute.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You're in the wrong place, a few days ago dawn looked like this and later the same day we had

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240305_155610.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	4286266
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240306_015657321.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	4286267

Not far from the international date line☀️

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

sorry but when I look at the people in my office I don't see double hard bastards. I see double wide miserable bastards that won't reach 80 years of age because of where they live, their unhealthy eating habits and the borderline alcoholism.
                    Scotland - specifically Glasgow?
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X