• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what's your average monthly food spend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a real bugbear of mine that you can essentially fill your basket full of rubbish for about £10 yet food to give you longevity like chicken, broccoli, almonds and blueberries all come at a premium price.

I'm desperately trying to hit a 14 second 100m sprint time at the moment so a big portion of my income goes on the weekly shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
      It's a real bugbear of mine that you can essentially fill your basket full of rubbish for about £10 yet food to give you longevity like chicken, broccoli, almonds and blueberries all come at a premium price.[...]
      I guess that, at least partially, answers the question why more than 50% of household purchases in the UK are ultra processed foods...

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post

I guess that, at least partially, answers the question why more than 50% of household purchases in the UK are ultra processed foods...
        I'm not so sure, although I suppose it depends what processed foods you buy. When we had the kitchen done we literally lived off microwave food for about 12 weeks, went through all the options, the cost was about the same around 50-60 quid... the trolley was neatly packed mind :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
          It's a real bugbear of mine that you can essentially fill your basket full of rubbish for about £10 yet food to give you longevity like chicken, broccoli, almonds and blueberries all come at a premium price.

I'm desperately trying to hit a 14 second 100m sprint time at the moment so a big portion of my income goes on the weekly shop.
          good luck! That is how long it takes me to open a beer nowadays!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This thread makes me realise I have no idea.

I make a shopping list then buy what's on that list. ​​​
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X