• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what's your average monthly food spend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just two of us and average £59.05/week going by the last 12 Morrison's online shops... let's call it £240/month. Pretty much all meals cooked from scratch (by me ) exceptions are pizza and Morrison's fish pie which is truly a delight.

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
      Just two of us and average £59.05/week going by the last 12 Morrison's online shops... let's call it £240/month. Pretty much all meals cooked from scratch (by me ) exceptions are pizza and Morrison's fish pie which is truly a delight.
      they do nice steak (they did a flat iron one a few years ago - our localish Morrisons closed) Their Steak pies were good (as nice as Greggs).
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

About £400 a month for two. But that's with some high earner lifestyle creep - I buy a decent amount of varied fresh fish and line-caught wild salmon, few other luxuries. In my peasant days that was bag of frozen basa fillets.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

they do nice steak (they did a flat iron one a few years ago - our localish Morrisons closed) Their Steak pies were good (as nice as Greggs).
          Indeed, their butcher's\market street meat range is top, the casserole steak is fantastic, lovely big chunks that stay big after 1.5-2 hours cooking :-)

Comment

family of four I guess around 700quid a month

Milan.

Comment

Does one count tips for waiters and other such menials?

I find it hard to remember when I wasn't served food - let alone actually <Ughh> Shopping!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
                Does one count tips for waiters and other such menials?

I find it hard to remember when I wasn't served food - let alone actually Shopping!!
                That's the only answer there should be on this thread in this forum.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

do these numbers include wine and beer ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    do these numbers include wine and beer ?

Milan.
                    hell no!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Paracelsus View Post
                      About £400 a month for two. But that's with some high earner lifestyle creep - I buy a decent amount of varied fresh fish and line-caught wild salmon, few other luxuries. In my peasant days that was bag of frozen basa fillets.
                      I recall a guy who tastes fish for a living. He said he always buys frozen fish. Like peas, it's best bought frozen. It's frozen pretty soon after it's been caught. "Fresh" fish can be ten hours old.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X