• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what did you do [will you do] in your 50th year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a couple of years to think about that. Hopefully I'll do nothing.

Comment

Hang on. Still trying to get me time machine working.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Hired a bar, laid on a buffet and invited just about everyone I knew including some CUK denizens. Was very pleasant

Then flew out to Oz for a few weeks.

Enjoyed it a lot

Comment

yer mother
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Well next month I shall let you know, but mostly surprised that it looks like I am going to make it to 50
            have a party with close friends planned & will use it as an excuse to spend too much on a new army (40K)
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

My late 40s to early 50s was the most enjoyable period of my working life and my 50th year turned out to be a very good one overall.

My family organised a surprise party for me but the big celebration was taking the whole family to Japan for a holiday. It had been on my bucket list since I was 20 odd and it was amazing.

Comment

Tea & Biscuits.

qh is frugal
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  Well next month I shall let you know, but mostly surprised that it looks like I am going to make it to 50
                  have a party with close friends planned & will use it as an excuse to spend too much on a new army (40K)
                  Congrats - enjoy!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Hired a bar, laid on a buffet and invited just about everyone I knew including some CUK denizens. Was very pleasant

Then flew out to Oz for a few weeks.

Enjoyed it a lot
                    Cracking evening that was

Comment

still enjoying it

Milan.
                      Last edited by milanbenes; 8 February 2024, 13:44.

Comment

Working...
                      X