• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Booze gift

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booze gift

My neighbours who we've lived next to for about 15 years - and actually sold us our house - are sadly getting divorced. Mrs Neighbour came round last night to clean up a few odds and end, then knocked at our door asking for a bottle opener, so she could open some of her ex's beer that he'd left behind and pour it away. Oh the horror.

I rescued it.

I'm now left with half a bottle of tequila that according to a Mexican friend should only be used for lighting bbqs. Some fine Brazilian rum, 7 bottles of wine and 3 bottles of beer.

One of the bottles of wine has a date on it. 1981. It's probably vinegar. There's no way he bought it - he's younger than me and I was 12 then. The others have no date, but look pretty old. Maybe we'll find a good one. Worth trying.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    My neighbours who've we lived next to for about 15 years - and actually sold us our house - are sadly getting divorced. Mrs Neighbour came round last night to clean up a few odds and ends
    I'll bet she did you old dog you.

then knocked at our door asking for a bottle opener, so she could open some of her ex's beer that he'd left behind and pour it away.
    Isn't that how all this started?

I'm now left with half a bottle of tequila that according to a Mexican friend should only be used for lighting bbqs. Some fine Brazilian rum, 7 bottles of wine and 3 bottles of beer.
    Not a bad haul for ruining a marriage.
    Worth trying.
    Is that a Deja Vu moment from when you met her?

Many men leaving anything in the martial home would have left a few, erm, 'presents'. A last parting gift shall we say. I wouldn't be touching any bottle that's not properly sealed... and even then still maybe not. Check the seal for syringe marks first.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 27 January 2024, 16:30.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

"My neighbours who've we lived next to for about 15 years"

Oh FFS!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        "My neighbours who've we lived next to for about 15 years"

Oh FFS!
        Oops. Fixed now.

The wine was vinegar. I'll try the beer today.

Comment

how was your wife about you getting your hands on someone else's Brazilian?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Many men leaving anything in the martial home would have left a few, erm, 'presents'. A last parting gift shall we say.
            Now this reminds me of my first marriage and the day I moved out of the marital home.
            I was taking a break when the Jehovas witnesses turned up.
            I told them that I was busy but that I would love to hear there stories and would they kindly like to return at 4pm whereupon I would entertain them and listen to said stories, refreshments would be generous.
            I still have a copy somewhere of the voicemail my ex wife left me after they turned up at 4pm!
            Former IPSE member
            My Website

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Many men leaving anything in the martial home would have left a few, erm, 'presents'. A last parting gift shall we say. I wouldn't be touching any bottle that's not properly sealed... and even then still maybe not. Check the seal for syringe marks first.
              In this case, she moved out first. He then got a new flat and moved out. The house gets a new owner on 1st March. It would be unlikely any presents have been left behind by anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                In this case, she moved out first. He then got a new flat and moved out. The house gets a new owner on 1st March. It would be unlikely any presents have been left behind by anyone.
                Result then!
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X