• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First you had ULEZ now you have U-Move

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First you had ULEZ now you have U-Move

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...UxODQyLjAuMC4w

Four in 10 over-65s live in home that is 'larger than they need' says Zoopla
    • Some 42% of over-65s live in a home that is 'larger than they need'
    • Zoopla says this equates to 2.6m homes that could be used by younger families
    • Nine in ten over 65s have at least one spare bedroom and half have two or more
    • The research also found that nine in ten homeowners over 65 either lived alone or just with their partner, yet more than seven in ten lived in homes with three bedrooms or more.

Nine in ten of those surveyed have at least one spare bedroom and half have two or more.
    Looks like we know where all the asylum seekers are going if they can't go to Rwanda! Or maybe needy families can take over houses belonging to rich voters?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Any consideration for those that need extra room for caring?
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
      Any consideration for those that need extra room for caring?
      That doesn't sell copies of the Fail.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I need one of my two spare bedrooms for my little puppet parrot.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

It's ok, all those houses will be sold to pay for care when their owners get too infirm to look after themselves

Comment

I need all those rooms for the books, computers, radios, tvs, and accumulated test equipment.

I wonder if I can donate a couple of Racal RA17 to Oxfam. .
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              It's ok, all those houses will be sold to pay for care when their owners get too infirm to look after themselves
              Yup or lifetime mortgaged to pay for Saga cruises.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                I need all those rooms for the books, computers, radios, tvs, and accumulated test equipment.

I wonder if I can donate a couple of Racal RA17 to Oxfam. .
                That kind of captures the problem; people need space for hobbies and storage. So many houses and flats I look at have no room for any 'stuff'.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  The thing about larger houses is they are easier to adapt to cater for infirmity, the unused reception can be downstairs bedroom and the downstairs toilet can be extended into another room to create a wet room etc. The garage can be used to store the mobility scooter. There is room for a carer if required. ( I've seen this done).
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Think you all missed the point. They are highlighting the number of homes owned by their residents which could be used for homeless families.

Now might be interesting if they shared how many social houses are under occupied and how they are making these available.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X