• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sacked!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I think the issue is the words "Braverman". The person who wants to do tent clearance and is trying to meddle with a screwed up police force amongst other things...
    Sorry the Police employ convicted perverts, ignore widescale child sex abuse (from Saville to Rotherham & beyond), fail to deal with shoplifting, increased knife crime etc, someone has to do something.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Sorry the Police employ convicted perverts, ignore widescale child sex abuse (from Saville to Rotherham & beyond), fail to deal with shoplifting, increased knife crime etc, someone has to do something.
      The current lot running the country have reduced funding for the police, reduced the number of police (while always claiming the reverse), undermined it at every turn and now want to replace it.
      It's almost the same play-book that they are using for the NHS.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

The police need meddling with. Their selective choice of who to prosecute and who to buy teas for is simply wrong.
        I'm not going to call you a clueless Muppet but the police don't choice who to prosecute, that's the Crown Prosecution service.

There are rather a lot of clues in the name Crown Prosecution service
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

I'm not going to call you a clueless Muppet but the police don't choice who to prosecute, that's the Crown Prosecution service.

There are rather a lot of clues in the name Crown Prosecution service
          And how do they get put before the CPS for prosecution? Oh yes, the police arrest them...

So your point is?
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

And how do they get put before the CPS for prosecution? Oh yes, the police arrest them...

So your point is?
            Who is in charge of/responsible for policing in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Who is in charge of/responsible for policing in the UK?
              The Home Secretary. Beneath her the Chief Constables (the Met have their own title but it's the same job) and their Deputies (one for operational, one for logistical) and beneath them the Gold/Silver/Bronze command structure. The top two layers are the ones who set policy, the rest put it into practice. Ignore the Police Commissioners (most police do), they are merely window dressing.

Well that's the standard answer and the one I got when working for one of the constabularies. You, of course, will have a different one.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

The Home Secretary. ...

Well that's the standard answer and the one I got when working for one of the constabularies. You, of course, will have a different one.
                Why would I have a different one?

The person in charge is complaining that she is doing a bad job but it's other people's fault.

It's always someone else's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Why would I have a different one?

The person in charge is complaining that she is doing a bad job but it's other people's fault.

It's always someone else's fault.
                  They were doing a bad job long before she turned up.

Cast your mind back:

Institutionally racist, misogynist, corrupt & incompetent.

Even she couldn't have racked that up in just under a year.

We need someone exceptional to fix this with the full backing of the cabinet, I am not sure Ms Braverman is that.

Where is Maggie or Norman when you need them?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X