• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inflation - car insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Not sure how ladymucks insurance has gone down and up but still stayed in the same roughly the same for all these years. Her insurance must target hotties with cool cars.
    I think, as SE said, my policy renewed before the great increase. Just ran a quote search on compare the market and the lowest came in at £457

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I think, as SE said, my policy renewed before the great increase. Just ran a quote search on compare the market and the lowest came in at £457
      Seems like you've fallen out of the Hottie demographic...
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Insured with Saga when I got my new car in October 2022 on a 3 year deal so the price stays the same, glad I did

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
          Insured with Saga when I got my new car in October 2022 on a 3 year deal so the price stays the same, glad I did
          Do you have to report changing your hair rinse colour as a change in circumstances with them?

Comment

Post code is an A bracket which is good to know if ever I have to pay for car insurance
            (permie benefit, as part of the car allowance)
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
              Post code is an A bracket which is good to know if ever I have to pay for car insurance
              (permie benefit, as part of the car allowance)
              Reads post, checks forum name...

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	4277617

Comment

Originally posted by woody1 View Post

Your age? (That's probably the biggest factor affecting premiums.)

Annual mileage has a bearing too. (I seem to recall LM doesn't use the car that much, so maybe she has declared a low annual mileage.)
                Getting close to 40, but after reading this I guess all is clear:

https://www.theguardian.com/business...sh-study-finds

Serves me right for driving a "performance" car

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post

Do mercedes drivers get lower premiums?

As a pedestrian and when on a bike I noticed the ones in my area have better manners.

Anyway my current insurer is about £10 cheaper than the quotes I've found and offer me a lower excess.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post

well on the German cars its easy to explain why, they
                    1. All have faulty indicators.
                    2. The Bonnet is obviously so long they don't understand stopping distance and travel an inch from your boot.
                    3. Undertaking, swerving across the lanes and poor driving is obviously part of driver training.

I have driven a speedy Subaru and they are for nutters like the top end Alfas were.

Porsches most of the drivers are so old they die at the wheel.

which one are you? I'm guessing a 1 series.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      well on the German cars its easy to explain why, they
                      1. All have faulty indicators.
                      2. The Bonnet is obviously so long they don't understand stopping distance and travel an inch from your boot.
                      3. Undertaking, swerving across the lanes and poor driving is obviously part of driver training.
                      Not many of those nutters in this area, mostly just female drivers which don't really understand the size of their X3 / X5s or the new electrics and doing dickish moves on roundabouts (crossing lanes and then being surprised when you beep at them) or people parking like idiots. But I guess if there's more accidents involving a particular brand, you are automatically paying a higher premium...

Never liked the 1 series, 140 might be fun, but they are tiny cars (ie. bugger all fits in them in terms of DIY / furniture etc), 3/5 series is where the interest is, especially estates as sedans have retarded boots (ask me how I know...).

Comment

Working...
                      X