• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why CUK failed last week.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why CUK failed last week.

Anyone want to own up? Admin been on the sauce again? NAT overdone the choccy? ContractorUK schmoozing with the hoi polloi and forgotten us? NF not been paid from the last upgrade?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Our beloved admin has moved on! Gone off to be a farmer, like that bloke in Soul of a New Machine

I've just been trying to help, and it seems a database table had been corrupted during a migration. It's only used for temporary cache data, but that was causing errors which prevented other stuff running to completion, hence the peculiar messages. That's been zapped by one of the new sysadmin people so things ought to run no worse than they ever do from now on

There are a few things still broken, such as several threads without an ID meaning they can't be viewed (many of them complaining about the forum being broken), but I'm supposed to be doing work for my main client right now so I won't be able to work out a fix for that until this evening

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Our beloved admin has moved on! Gone off to be a farmer, like that bloke in Soul of a New Machine
      You mean ex-Admin likes hard work and no sleep.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I've just been trying to help, and it seems a database table had been corrupted during a migration. It's only used for temporary cache data, but that was causing errors which prevented other stuff running to completion, hence the peculiar messages. That's been zapped by one of the new sysadmin people so things ought to run no worse than they ever do from now on

There are a few things still broken, such as several threads without an ID meaning they can't be viewed (many of them complaining about the forum being broken), but I'm supposed to be doing work for my main client right now so I won't be able to work out a fix for that until this evening
        Revenge of the Cornish farmers!
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Ohhh it was the databases fault was it. Them pesky DB's
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Feck me Admin was Jeremy Clarkson??? explains a lot!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Feck me Admin was Jeremy Clarkson??? explains a lot!
              Sort of. But without the charm and erudition.

Moving threads still doesn't work, nor does multiquote.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
              X