• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big car recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Indeed, be prepared to put £2k per month aside for repairs.
    Not that bad but with any Merc Auto, when stopped, apply the parking brake first then engage park. If you put it in park first it will eventually jam the selector. The dealer will charge £1k to refit a £5 part 20 mins work.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Jag XJ. Either X350 or last model. X350 with sensible mileage go for £6K. 4.2L V8 get around 30mpg in town, 35 on a jaunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

The later Discovery 4s are great if you can find a good one.
        HSE is a 7 seater. The 3.0L engine is sufficient (get it chipped anyway). Get all season tyres fitted (better still some A/T ones) for a go pretty much anywhere vehicle that's completely unsuited to London driving.
        I was going to say, that's basically a half truck no? in London!?

Also, aren't all Rovers (land / range, whatever) fairly failure prone?

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post

I was going to say, that's basically a half truck no? in London!?

Also, aren't all Rovers (land / range, whatever) fairly failure prone?
          I agree. Brilliant cars but unreliable and utterly pointless in any big city.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Not sure if the rear seats would quite fit the bill, though it's a wide car - I adored my Jag XF Estate (Sportbrake).

One of the best cars I've owned, fantastically comfy

Comment

The Torygraph has an article about SUV's under 5k if that's of any interest?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/adv...s-volvo-honda/

Comment

Working...
              X