• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Didn't take long

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snooky View Post

You are Nigel Farage and I claim my blue passport. FFS, just listen to yourself.
    It worked for Australia.

Try thinking carefully use the crayons - 100s of thousands of people pay thousands to get on dangerous boats in war torn Calais to get to Britain. Do you not think we are being had?

If Britain was at war my house was flooded and I was a young man I wouldn't argue with a tent in the summer and in absence of better work I ended up building huts I would consider that reasonable.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

What a world we live in where we treat humans this way...

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
        What bit of "Put yourself in harm's way" don't you understand?

Also, and more importantly, it is not one group of people. There are genuine asylum seekers, legal economic immigrants, genuine refugees and illegals. It's only the latter group that are liable to harsh treatment, on the basis that we can't afford them, they aren't adding to the economy (quite the opposite in fact) and they have already left a safe haven to come here.

Their motivation is quite simple as well. They have been told that if they get here we will give them money and work, free houses and free medical care. So let's ignore our home-grown people in need and favour the illegal ones...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
          most sensible countries lock criminals up.

Try pushing through the passport and evade the immigration officers line in any civilised country and see what happens. That is what they intend to do.

Try - What a world we live in that people think they can behave this way in a civilised country.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Do you not think we are being had?
            I think the migrants are being had!

Oh, they can't be sent back to Calais. Shame the Dublin Agreement hasn't been renegotiated.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Oh, they can't be sent back to Calais. Shame the Dublin Agreement hasn't been renegotiated.
              Switzerland's immigration policies - which include “one of the longest and strictest residency requirements in Europe” - “encourage the public to see immigrants as foreigners and not fully as equals and neighbours," according to the study by the EU-sponsored Migrant Integration Policy Index (MIPEX).
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Switzerland's immigration policies - which include “one of the longest and strictest residency requirements in Europe” - “encourage the public to see immigrants as foreigners and not fully as equals and neighbours," according to the study by the EU-sponsored Migrant Integration Policy Index (MIPEX).
                It's a cultural thing, embedded in the language. For example, we have words for "Stranger" and "Guest". The Greek "Xenos" means both "Stranger" and "Guest". The French "Étranger" means both "Stranger" and "Foreigner". Arabic has separate words for "Guest who is a stranger" and "Guest who is a Friend"

So we have separate concepts, the Greeks treat everyone as a guest, the French see themselves as separate (and hence superior) to everyone they meet who aren't French and the Arabs, being a pragmatic people, allow for a change of status.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

indeed, sadly we can't send them back to Albania either.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

What bit of "Put yourself in harm's way" don't you understand?

Also, and more importantly, it is not one group of people. There are genuine asylum seekers, legal economic immigrants, genuine refugees and illegals. It's only the latter group that are liable to harsh treatment, on the basis that we can't afford them, they aren't adding to the economy (quite the opposite in fact) and they have already left a safe haven to come here.

Their motivation is quite simple as well. They have been told that if they get here we will give them money and work, free houses and free medical care. So let's ignore our home-grown people in need and favour the illegal ones...
                    The sooner the world stops labelling people by skin, religion, country, ethnicity and we realise we are all the human race and no one but mother nature owns any part of the world the better.

Humans treat humans so badly and none of it makes any sense as to why.

Comment

With 7.88 billion & rising, you ain't seen nothing yet.

The Resource Wars are coming.

That should cull the population a bit.

Then again on the Swiss thing: KJV Matthew 7:5 springs to mind.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X