• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Small car recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntIsw9cWxqs

Ideal for driving in traffic.
    I had visions of you building something like that in your retirement.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Nah.... Best traffic car was an old mate's ex-rally Hillman Imp with roo bars and full race Coventry Climax motor....
      Hyde Park Corner held no fears
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

I had visions of you building something like that in your retirement.
        I had a 2 litre version 40 years ago. Lethal.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Mrs B is very happy with the Macan, me too infact, compared to the X5 with 530hp I find the Macan calming

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Protagoras View Post

There's a work-around. Sign up to the credit deal then pay off the finance company within the cancellation period.

Dealer gets their commission and you might get some value add to the purchase.
            I got a discount, servicing and road fund for 12 months and car mats!

Just check the small print in the finance contract carefully!

This is quite a well known approach and I'm sure that the dealer knew that was my plan.
            That sounds like a brilliant idea! Do all/most finance cos. allow you to pay off the capital in full without penalty?

Comment

Originally posted by sreed View Post

That sounds like a brilliant idea! Do all/most finance cos. allow you to pay off the capital in full without penalty?
              You would need to read the contract T&Cs

Comment

Working...
              X