• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Small car recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So at the end of the day the 125hp Fiesta ST line on a 21 plat for 15k looks like the winner.

By far the best car to drive, decent looking and decent interior with loads of toys.

Fits on well with my white sock Essex heritage as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
      So at the end of the day the 125hp Fiesta ST line on a 21 plat for 15k looks like the winner.

By far the best car to drive, decent looking and decent interior with loads of toys.

Nice! I know several people who have been happy with that car.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

125hp?? 0 to 60 timings are in minutes? Hope you don't mind being passed by every electric mobilty vehicle in the area.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

125hp?? 0 to 60 timings are in minutes? Hope you don't mind being passed by every electric mobilty vehicle in the area.
          I've driven the 1.0l three pot that kept up with the traffic no problem, and also driven the bigger engined ones. It helps that you don't have to slow down much for corners...

0-60 times are irrelevant in the real world when most of your driving in town is 25-40 and out of town 50-70. The most fun I get on the road is in an 18 year old MX-5 - that doesn't have a lot of acceleration either.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

You are mistaking me for the type of sad middle aged tosser who believes people are impressed by the car they drive.

The car is also for my 17 year old daughter to drive so I don't want anything to expensive to insure.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

I've driven the 1.0l three pot that kept up with the traffic no problem, and also driven the bigger engined ones. It helps that you don't have to slow down much for corners...

0-60 times are irrelevant in the real world when most of your driving in town is 25-40 and out of town 50-70. The most fun I get on the road is in an 18 year old MX-5 - that doesn't have a lot of acceleration either.
              This is true. We have an Aygo which we did a family trip to Wales in with three plus luggage and did the job but a tad painful as a petrol head. Didn't realise the badged fiestas were so low though. I'm sure it's geared to be nippy but I'll stick with my 710bh even though I can't use most of it

You are mistaking me for the type of sad middle aged tosser who believes people are impressed by the car they drive.
              Appears I was, my apologies. Just thought the ST's were the beefier ones. But just to note there are some of us that still love a nice car for us, not for anyone else
              Last edited by northernladuk; 1 September 2023, 11:51.

Comment

This is true. We have an Aygo which we did a family trip to Wales in with three plus luggage and did the job but a tad painful as a petrol head. Didn't realise the badged fiestas were so low though. I'm sure it's geared to be nippy but I'll stick with my 710bh even though I can't use most of it

Appears I was, my apologies. Just thought the ST's were the beefier ones. But just to note there are some of us that still love a nice car for us, not for anyone else
                ST is a trim option as well as being a specific version - the one that has been described as the best small hatch out there.

Incidentally. unless you are totally suicidal, 450 of your 710bhp (C63 Merc?, Audi RS? Bentley wotsist?) will disappear as soon as the traction control steps in, when you have the same grunt as a normal Mercedes 300... I've driven grunty cars a lot, including a Porsches, a supercharged Mustang and a real AC Cobra. The excitement palls very quickly. I much prefer handling at 50 for fun than wondering when I'm going to hit the next tree.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Incidentally. unless you are totally suicidal, 450 of your 710bhp (C63 Merc?, Audi RS? Bentley wotsist?) will disappear as soon as the traction control steps in, when you have the same grunt as a normal Mercedes 300... I've driven grunty cars a lot, including a Porsches, a supercharged Mustang and a real AC Cobra. The excitement palls very quickly. I much prefer handling at 50 for fun than wondering when I'm going to hit the next tree.
                  Can't disagree with any of that to be fair.

Comment

Can't disagree with any of that to be fair.
                    EDIT : Actually I forgot flames. Need to have flames.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntIsw9cWxqs

Ideal for driving in traffic.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X