• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour on course for 140-seat majority under new constituency boundaries…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post

Can't really blame Labour for not having a manifesto in writing yet. The country today is very different to what it was 2 years ago and will likely be different next year. I think current Labour has shown with the strikes that they are no longer the unions whipping boy, they have called their bluff.

'We aren't the Tories' is IMO a very good line to take atm.

As far I can see Tories are out for a generation, at least 10 years, probably 15.

Post leadership Miliband is actually pretty likable and competent. Maybe it was the press, maybe it was the pressure, maybe it was the internal labour culture (momentum).
    I have no strong attachement to the Tories, brought up as a labour supporter. Even though the last few years have been a mess in government, I can't see labour being any better. Looks weak, without a clear purpose. Saying we are not the tories isnt going to make people like me change their minds, it's a weak argument.

I can't see any party with a clear vision or ambition. Pretty terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

I have no strong attachement to the Tories, brought up as a labour supporter. Even though the last few years have been a mess in government, I can't see labour being any better. Looks weak, without a clear purpose. Saying we are not the tories isnt going to make people like me change their minds, it's a weak argument.

I can't see any party with a clear vision or ambition. Pretty terrible.
      I have never voted tory, always lived in a tory safe seat so never saw the point. Would have had no issue voting tory under Cameron or May.

Current lot? Absolutely no chance in hell. Sure Labour might be more of the same, but I genuinely think they can't be any worse.

My friendship group, all reasonable earners and not very political are pretty fed up with the Tories. Although I'm sure if the right 'incentives' are in the Tory manifesto then I can see many of them holding their nose.

Equally, I would never vote Green.

Comment

Yes, fraud victims can also be fraudsters.
        And people voting for Tory Scum can also be scum - for example Tory Scum MPs voting for themselves…

Comment

Can't really blame Labour for not having a manifesto in writing yet. The country today is very different to what it was 2 years ago and will likely be different next year. I think current Labour has shown with the strikes that they are no longer the unions whipping boy, they have called their bluff.
          Well yes we can actually. Starmer has u-turned so many times, and supported a hundred Choses-du-jour nobody has any idea what his party stands for. Come to that, his own shadow cabinet and a few big union bosses have the same opinion...

'We aren't the Tories' is IMO a very good line to take atm.
          Yes, but they seem to be peddling £We aren't Labour either" at the same time.

As far I can see Tories are out for a generation, at least 10 years, probably 15.
          Not without a Blair in No 10 they aren't

Post leadership Miliband is actually pretty likable and competent. Maybe it was the press, maybe it was the pressure, maybe it was the internal labour culture (momentum).
          Well yes. so let's leave him where he belongs, well away from leadership.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Well yes we can actually. Starmer has u-turned so many times, and supported a hundred Choses-du-jour nobody has any idea what his party stands for. Come to that, his own shadow cabinet and a few big union bosses have the same opinion...
            I think you're paying more attention than the vast majority of the public. The whole 'great betrayal' Starmer did or didn't do when getting the leadership means nothing to the general public.

Yes, but they seem to be peddling £We aren't Labour either" at the same time.
            In a sense I can see that. They are clearly, and IMO rightly, courting the centre ground rather than the far left fringe. Whoever wins the centre wins power.

Not without a Blair in No 10 they aren't
            If the economy improves after the next GE then it really doesn't matter who the leader is. The Tories are at the end of their run the same way Labour was in 2010. It will take a decade+ for people to time to heal.

Well yes. so let's leave him where he belongs, well away from leadership.
            Well he has far more charisma than Starmer.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

And people voting for Tory Scum can also be scum - for example Tory Scum MPs voting for themselves…
              It's not a healthy way to think but that's your life.

Comment

Well he has far more charisma than Starmer.
                That's not hard.

Even this had more charisma - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liz_Truss_lettuce

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It's not a healthy way to think but that's your life.

That’s a threat?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

That’s a threat?
                    I tried reading my comment back using an italian mobster godfather voice and i still cant make it sound like a threat.

Comment

here you go!

Click image for larger version

Name:	images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVU_Utfm-0I8QQpD4-UCjmi24aihxiTxpf_bDudXvWVg&s.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	4265618
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X