• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Labour on course for 140-seat majority under new constituency boundaries…"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Labour are on course to get a hefty win regardless of boundary changes. Rishi hasn't had any major gaffes but sentiment is against the Tories without something happening to change that.
    If energy prices and inflation drop substantially that might help even though it's not got much to do with government. Kind of feels it's due a natural swing of the pendulum from red to blue. Right now, it's likely Keir would probably only last one term IMO anyway.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    here you go!

Click image for larger version

Name:	images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVU_Utfm-0I8QQpD4-UCjmi24aihxiTxpf_bDudXvWVg&s.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	4265618

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

That’s a threat?
    I tried reading my comment back using an italian mobster godfather voice and i still cant make it sound like a threat.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    It's not a healthy way to think but that's your life.

That’s a threat?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post

Well he has far more charisma than Starmer.
    That's not hard.

Even this had more charisma - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liz_Truss_lettuce

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied

And people voting for Tory Scum can also be scum - for example Tory Scum MPs voting for themselves…
    It's not a healthy way to think but that's your life.

Leave a comment:

• JustKeepSwimming
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Well yes we can actually. Starmer has u-turned so many times, and supported a hundred Choses-du-jour nobody has any idea what his party stands for. Come to that, his own shadow cabinet and a few big union bosses have the same opinion...
    I think you're paying more attention than the vast majority of the public. The whole 'great betrayal' Starmer did or didn't do when getting the leadership means nothing to the general public.

Yes, but they seem to be peddling £We aren't Labour either" at the same time.
    In a sense I can see that. They are clearly, and IMO rightly, courting the centre ground rather than the far left fringe. Whoever wins the centre wins power.

Not without a Blair in No 10 they aren't
    If the economy improves after the next GE then it really doesn't matter who the leader is. The Tories are at the end of their run the same way Labour was in 2010. It will take a decade+ for people to time to heal.

Well yes. so let's leave him where he belongs, well away from leadership.
    Well he has far more charisma than Starmer.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied

Can't really blame Labour for not having a manifesto in writing yet. The country today is very different to what it was 2 years ago and will likely be different next year. I think current Labour has shown with the strikes that they are no longer the unions whipping boy, they have called their bluff.
    Well yes we can actually. Starmer has u-turned so many times, and supported a hundred Choses-du-jour nobody has any idea what his party stands for. Come to that, his own shadow cabinet and a few big union bosses have the same opinion...

'We aren't the Tories' is IMO a very good line to take atm.
    Yes, but they seem to be peddling £We aren't Labour either" at the same time.

As far I can see Tories are out for a generation, at least 10 years, probably 15.
    Not without a Blair in No 10 they aren't

Post leadership Miliband is actually pretty likable and competent. Maybe it was the press, maybe it was the pressure, maybe it was the internal labour culture (momentum).
    Well yes. so let's leave him where he belongs, well away from leadership.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Yes, fraud victims can also be fraudsters.
    And people voting for Tory Scum can also be scum - for example Tory Scum MPs voting for themselves…

Leave a comment:

• JustKeepSwimming
    replied

I have no strong attachement to the Tories, brought up as a labour supporter. Even though the last few years have been a mess in government, I can't see labour being any better. Looks weak, without a clear purpose. Saying we are not the tories isnt going to make people like me change their minds, it's a weak argument.

I can't see any party with a clear vision or ambition. Pretty terrible.
    I have never voted tory, always lived in a tory safe seat so never saw the point. Would have had no issue voting tory under Cameron or May.

Current lot? Absolutely no chance in hell. Sure Labour might be more of the same, but I genuinely think they can't be any worse.

My friendship group, all reasonable earners and not very political are pretty fed up with the Tories. Although I'm sure if the right 'incentives' are in the Tory manifesto then I can see many of them holding their nose.

Equally, I would never vote Green.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied

Can't really blame Labour for not having a manifesto in writing yet. The country today is very different to what it was 2 years ago and will likely be different next year. I think current Labour has shown with the strikes that they are no longer the unions whipping boy, they have called their bluff.

As far I can see Tories are out for a generation, at least 10 years, probably 15.

Post leadership Miliband is actually pretty likable and competent. Maybe it was the press, maybe it was the pressure, maybe it was the internal labour culture (momentum).
    I have no strong attachement to the Tories, brought up as a labour supporter. Even though the last few years have been a mess in government, I can't see labour being any better. Looks weak, without a clear purpose. Saying we are not the tories isnt going to make people like me change their minds, it's a weak argument.

I can't see any party with a clear vision or ambition. Pretty terrible.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied

Are fraud victims also fraudsters? I don’t think so, with some exceptions. But in a spirit of a friendly CUK discussion I’ll meet you half way - you are not a scum to vote Tory Scum, but you are a bit thick. There, happy now?
    Yes, fraud victims can also be fraudsters.

Leave a comment:

• andymalory
    replied

Th rest of the parties are largely irrelevant, except as benefactors of assorted protest votes.

Either way I have very little hope of either major party actually enacting their manifestos and actually improving things.
    Which is why we need PR!

Leave a comment:

• JustKeepSwimming
    replied
    I really hate this childish polarisation. MPs are people, some are out for themselves, but they are evenly spread across all the parties so to label one party as "scum" is merely showing your own ignorance. Perhaps look at the policies and likely outcomes of those policies and vote accordingly.

The real problem with the Tories is not corruption, it's incompetence at the top and too much attention being paid to minority groups on the backbenches.

The real problem with Labour is we don't have the faintest idea what they actually stand for, nor will we until they and their union paymasters have decided on the next manifesto.

Th rest of the parties are largely irrelevant, except as benefactors of assorted protest votes.

Either way I have very little hope of either major party actually enacting their manifestos and actually improving things.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Were losing Wallace at the next election, unless he goes to NATO as Sec Gen first. He will be a loss.

Why in God's name do you want Millipede back? He's already proven to be a total failure. Although he would make Starmer look interesting and decisive I suppose...
    Lets have Jezzy back, the Tories will have a chance in a vote!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X