• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour on course for 140-seat majority under new constituency boundaries…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour on course for 140-seat majority under new constituency boundaries…

“Labour could be on course to win a majority of more than 140 seats at the next general election, according to the first polling under new constituency boundaries that will be introduced later this year.

Sir Keir Starmer’s party could win 470 out of 650 seats under the revised electoral map, while the Conservatives face a wipeout.

According to a seat-by-seat study carried out by Focaldata for campaign group Best for Britain, analysing a survey of 10,140 voters, the Conservatives are projected to be left with as few as 129 seats.

Labour is also set to gain 31 seats in Scotland “by default” after the SNP’s popularity collapsed, with the nationalist party predicted to fall to just 26 seats.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...washington-dc/

Fitting end for taxing Tory Scum …

It's a prediction.

And a week is a long time in politics.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Fitting end for taxing Tory Scum …
      So much hate. Voted conservatives so I guess im tory scum.

I don't agree with lots of Labour policies same for conservatives but I wouldnt call my neighbour who voted Labour scum. Seems a horrible way to look at things.

Comment

A fitting end to Tory scum. But not to Tory decent folk.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          So much hate. Voted conservatives so I guess im tory scum.
          I thought it was obvious, but evidently I should have clarified it - by Tory Scum I meant elected Tory Scum MPs, do you feel better now, neighbour?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I thought it was obvious, but evidently I should have clarified it - by Tory Scum I meant elected Tory Scum MPs, do you feel better now, neighbour?
            Can you have it both ways, if someone in your mind votes for Scum are they not Scum?

Comment

I really hate this childish polarisation. MPs are people, some are out for themselves, but they are evenly spread across all the parties so to label one party as "scum" is merely showing your own ignorance. Perhaps look at the policies and likely outcomes of those policies and vote accordingly.

The real problem with the Tories is not corruption, it's incompetence at the top and too much attention being paid to minority groups on the backbenches.

The real problem with Labour is we don't have the faintest idea what they actually stand for, nor will we until they and their union paymasters have decided on the next manifesto.

Th rest of the parties are largely irrelevant, except as benefactors of assorted protest votes.

Either way I have very little hope of either major party actually enacting their manifestos and actually improving things.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Whoever wins the British people will lose, and Parliament will continue making life hell.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  The real problem with the Tories is not corruption, it's incompetence at the top and too much attention being paid to minority groups on the backbenches.
                  I agree, incompetence is a significant issue for both Conservatives and Labour. However, when considering MP expenses, it's challenging to justify some of the fact-finding trips, employment of family members, gifts, and offices and staff funded through donations from external parties.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

I agree, incompetence is a significant issue for both Conservatives and Labour. However, when considering MP expenses, it's challenging to justify some of the fact-finding trips, employment of family members, gifts, and offices and staff funded through donations from external parties.
                    We need to pay them more and have less. But until the electorate are more fussy about who they vote in we will be stuck with the mostly lick spittle we have on both sides. Ben Wallace been an exception imho. Also Labour need Burnham D.Milliband and even H.Benn back on the front benches.
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                    X