• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who is "I'm self-employed, I'm an IT consultant"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is "I'm self-employed, I'm an IT consultant"

"I'm self-employed, I'm an IT consultant - when your living is made through phone calls and that sort of thing, you rely on the service," he told the BBC.

"It's not like I live out in the sticks."
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-65545865
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    "I'm self-employed, I'm an IT consultant - when your living is made through phone calls and that sort of thing, you rely on the service," he told the BBC.

"It's not like I live out in the sticks."
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-65545865
    Probably not a good one!
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

Not sure I would ever employ an IT consultant who only had 3G, can you imagine doing a Teams or Zoom call?

When he said IT Consultant he probably meant IT recruitment agent

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
        Not sure I would ever employ an IT consultant who only had 3G, can you imagine doing a Teams or Zoom call?

When he said IT Consultant he probably meant IT recruitment agent
        Thats has to be it!
        "When your living is made through phone calls"
        Former IPSE member
        My Website

Comment

Mr Jones said he was now contemplating changing providers
          Probably a good idea. Or possibly career.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Maybe he just needs to find a contract at a different mobile phone company, one with better car parking?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Well you sort of expect a decent service. My father lives in a large and well known village in Surrey and can't get phone reception.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Talking about comms, I have an unlimited 5G data plan on the MyCo mobile to be used in the absence of WiFi - has anybody here considered StarLink as a back-up plan?
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                  3G is more than adequate for that, when in darkest cornwall I ran my entire WFH rig on a mobile 3G dongle and HD Netflix in the evenings.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Talking about comms, I have an unlimited 5G data plan on the MyCo mobile to be used in the absence of WiFi - has anybody here considered StarLink as a back-up plan?
                    I have looked into it - recently got the email saying it's available. But it's stonkingly expensive as a backup. If it was the only option I would get it, but they are just doing enough to make my 30mbps FTTC connection usable.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X