• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone thinking of retiring abroad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I have one villa with smallholding and a nearby vineyard in Bulgaria.
    Sunny Beach?
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Sunny Beach?
      No, much better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VT-1.jpg?w=1081&ssl=1.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	4262022
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

No, much better.
        Not if you're young and after sun, sea and sand. Oh yes, and cheap booze and casual sex.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post

If you can get in then Canada but for the USA its all woke tulip or the opposite and medical costs will kill you as you get older
          There are a lot of moderates in the US still but you don't see them because you rarely get radical moderate activists It does seem a country in turmoil but then I suppose that's on the large scale, if you can find the right town it could still be great.

I like Canada but surely that's at least as 'woke' - quite a progressive government? Canada just seems like USA turned down a couple of notches to me.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

No, much better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VT-1.jpg?w=1081&ssl=1.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	4262022
            An overcrowded swamp? Wow. What a great retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I like Canada but surely that's at least as 'woke' - quite a progressive government? Canada just seems like USA turned down a couple of notches to me.
              Canada's equality laws are some of the most illiberal in the world. Best avoided until there is an outbreak of common sense.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

There is a reason I have a house in Spain and an EU passport
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

Canada's equality laws are some of the most illiberal in the world. Best avoided until there is an outbreak of common sense.
                  What sort of things?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

What sort of things?
                    Bill C-16 amended the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Canadian Criminal Code to include “gender identity or expression” under the list of classifications protected from discrimination. In doing so it effectively criminalised objective reality and freedom of expression (i.e. it is now a criminal offence to call a bloke in a frock a man if he says that he is a woman).

C-16 is contentious for many reasons; not least the underhand way that the consultation process and passage through Parliament was managed.

Obviously, opinions will differ as to whether or not C-16 is "a bad thing"TM, but it is very clear that it leaves the women and girls of Canada woefully unprotected.

Google, as always, is your friend should you wish to dig any deeper.
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

Bill C-16 amended the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Canadian Criminal Code to include “gender identity or expression” under the list of classifications protected from discrimination. In doing so it effectively criminalised objective reality and freedom of expression (i.e. it is now a criminal offence to call a bloke in a frock a man if he says that he is a woman).

C-16 is contentious for many reasons; not least the underhand way that the consultation process and passage through Parliament was managed.

Obviously, opinions will differ as to whether or not C-16 is "a bad thing"TM, but it is very clear that it leaves the women and girls of Canada woefully unprotected.

Google, as always, is your friend should you wish to dig any deeper.
                      Well that's exactly the sort of stuff I meant by saying Canada was woke and 'progressive' - in line with states like CA and OR basically was my impression based on legalising weed, etc and this all seems in line with that.

Last time I was in Portland, OR I heard a parent tell their young child off for asking "what is that man [me] doing?" - not for being nosy but for assuming my gender!

Comment

Working...
                      X