• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunak

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunak

Rishi Sunak paid more than £1m in UK tax over the last three years, details of the prime minister's financial affairs show.

The UK tax was paid on earnings of more than £4.7m from income and a US-based investment fund.

Mr Sunak first said he would publish a tax return during his unsuccessful campaign to be Tory leader last year.

He faced calls to be transparent about his finances after it emerged his wife, Akshata Murty, had non-dom status.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65040300

How the fook did he (as a UK tax resident) pay just over 20% tax rate on nearly 5 mln quid of income???

Breakdown -

https://assets.publishing.service.go...x_Summary_.pdf

Comment

Fook all visibility into which capital gains he made, from foreign source too - huge amounts, could easily be a bribe - should be investigated in full

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Fook all visibility into which capital gains he made, from foreign source too - huge amounts, could easily be a bribe - should be investigated in full
        You really must do something about your petty jealousy.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

You really must do something about your petty jealousy.
          Nah. Learn how taxes work*. That money was (a) not entirely his, but paid to his US partnership and (b) taxed at source so credited back to his UK taxable income under reciprocal taxation agreements.

* Or perhaps read the whole submission...
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I love that if his tax was low, haters would say he must be avoiding tax. And if it's high, he's attacked for earning a lot. Earning a lot is an aspiration all the main parties claim to support.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I love that if his tax was low, haters would say he must be avoiding tax. And if it's high, he's attacked for earning a lot. Earning a lot is an aspiration all the main parties claim to support.
              The complaints I've heard is that his tax rate is too low for someone with such high earnings.

I do congratulate the Sunak team on choosing one of the best days to release this.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

The complaints I've heard is that his tax rate is too low for someone with such high earnings.

I do congratulate the Sunak team on choosing one of the best days to release this.
                I was saying in the partygate thread that that frivolity is a great opportunity for doing 'serious' things unseen
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Probably the same could be said of many here.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I did think some high earners or people with massive windfalls could negotiate their tax rather than stump up the whole amount in an attempt to reduce aggressive avoidance and get some money in the coffers rather than move it all somewhere and get nothing. Could be wrong there though. Kind of makes sense if it's not badly abused but you can bet your bottom dollar Joe Public won't like it. Something like I'll pay you a million to leave me alone else I'm gonna off shore it and you'll get squat type approach.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X