• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yeezy does it.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeezy does it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo....html#comments

Adidas in turmoil with £1.1BILLION of unsold stock... and they may have to 'literally BURN £450m' of Kanye West's unsellable Yeezy range, which could see them report losses for first time in 30 years
    • Adidas left with £1.1bn of unsold stock after reporting its annual results
    • Company counting costs having cut ties with rapper once known as Kanye West
    • But German sportswear brand is hoping to hit back with a profit growth by 2024
    oops
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Funny thing is I first saw the Adidas story on The Daily Show a few weeks back. They were trying to help Adidas with uses for the unsold stock. Oh and this was mentioned -

https://time.com/6224899/adidas-kany...emitism-nazis/

Adidas founders Adi and Rudi Dassler were members of the Nazi party—joining in 1933, the same year Adolf Hitler became Chancellor. The German shoe brand, launched in the 1920s, was one of many German companies to cooperate with the Nazi party during the 1930s and 1940s. (The Adidas corporate site does not mention this history—framing the period of 1900-1949 as “only the start of our story.”)
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Those Yeezy "trainers" are an abomination but the prices they go for.

If they need any help with burning them I'll gladly help.

It is said Adi and Rudi fell out because Rudi was the bigger Nazi before and during the war, but you a get different story depending on who you ask.

Pitch Invasion by Barbara Smit is well worth a read if you are interested in that sort of thing.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Gordoneo Bennuto. Just Googled that. Who would pay £300 or more for a pair of trainers? Not a mean old fart like me. Dunno why people give a damn about who promotes stuff. Celebrities. WGAF.

PS Must confess to being a bit hypocritical there. I never buy Walkers crisps because they are advertised by that liberal lefty Lineker.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

PS Must confess to being a bit hypocritical there. I never buy Walkers crisps because they are advertised by that liberal lefty Lineker. plus you only get 3 sharp edged poor tasting crisps.

FTFY
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

£450m of stock is massive (though is that RRP or what they paid for it) I suppose they knew that when they severed the relationship, may that should be commended because they could have waited to sell it and then dumped him... but surely just send it to poor people rather than burn it?!
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Their full year sales are about $25-26B, it seems staggering they had so much inventory piled up just in one product line.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                Their full year sales are about $25-26B, it seems staggering they had so much inventory piled up just in one product line.
                To be written off against any tax bills - after the trademark fees have been paid to the mothership of course.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  £450m of stock is massive (though is that RRP or what they paid for it) I suppose they knew that when they severed the relationship, may that should be commended because they could have waited to sell it and then dumped him... but surely just send it to poor people rather than burn it?!
                  Because the poor people are likely to rely on a supply chain of highly corrupt organisations who will intercept them and they'll appear for sale just lining some criminals pocket rather than being used for what is intended which causes more harm than good.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                    That's the crazy bit. Interesting insight in to branded celebrity products like this.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X