• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm not sure what to make of this one.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the thing Vetran does not know -and none of us know - are the full facts of the case.

The media don't report all the intricacies of Court cases for various reasons even when there is a conviction.

For all we know the convicted may have had a habit of screaming abuse at people, and until now the police couldn't do anything about her behaviour as it wasn't something the CPS could get a conviction on and it wasn't enough to caution.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sentenced to 3 years in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Being an ignorant arsehole is one thing but shouldn't mean you get convicted for manslaughter. Just awful for everyone involved.
        Definitely. Of course conviction doesn't imply a huge punishment when sentenced. One would hope sentencing is sensibly modest. This is one of those awful "acting rashly in the moment" things that has had disproportionate consequences. Like if some arse was being a little ****s on the bus and you impulsively stuck out your foot as they went past in a flash of pique, only for them to smash their head onto a metal corner. Should your life be destroyed over something that 99/100 times has no such serious results.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Who has priority on a pedestrian pavement?
          Two wrongs don't make a right. This is why we don't need vigilantes. Like pulling into the fast lane when you see someone zooming along clearly speeding, "to stop them going so fast". It's stupid and risks accidents.

Comment

Originally posted by Protagoras View Post
            ouch, she should have stole her purse and got 6 months suspended.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Two wrongs don't make a right. This is why we don't need vigilantes. Like pulling into the fast lane when you see someone zooming along clearly speeding, "to stop them going so fast". It's stupid and risks accidents.
              She shouted and waved hands she didn't touch her or empty an automatic in her ass. ala Deathwish. Of course she should have stepped into the road to avoid the idiot cyclist shouldn't she? I have never seen the Police stop adults riding on pavements or people riding illegal scooters so maybe we need a few more Bronsons with 45s?

Never done that, I do slow down when some idiot in a German car covets my boot close up on the grounds that slowing down is safer. That really seems to trigger them.

As above I haven't seen the whole facts but it does seem a little foolish.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Protagoras View Post
                So a year or less actually away.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

ouch, she should have stole her purse and got 6 months suspended.
                  If she had stolen her purse and not caused her death then 6 months suspended would be appropriate.
                  Had she not lied when questioned, she might have had a more lenient sentence. A bit of remorse might have helped too, instead she left the scene and went shopping.
                  England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

maybe we need a few more Bronsons with 45s?
                    A .475 Wildey Magnum, accept nothing less. .
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 March 2023, 13:23.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

She shouted and waved hands she didn't touch her or empty an automatic in her ass. ala Deathwish. Of course she should have stepped into the road to avoid the idiot cyclist shouldn't she? I have never seen the Police stop adults riding on pavements or people riding illegal scooters so maybe we need a few more Bronsons with 45s?
                      So if you're waiting for a Tube smoking a fag and I make a sudden screaming jump toward you "PUT THAT OUT", causing you to fall onto the lines in shock, I haven't caused your death? I didn't touch you.

You are being particularly obtuse today.

A person has died and all you want to do is claim the person responsible did nothing wrong "because cycling on the pavement is wrong". Says it all really about you. Maybe the racist claims are unwarranted, you're just a nasty person generally.

Comment

Working...
                      X