• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Someone's president meets someone's king

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone's president meets someone's king

Someone is not impressed ..

Nigel Farage says it is 'disgraceful' Sunak has asked king to meet Von der Leyen, and implies Charles should have refused

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live

Why would someone who is elected want to meet with someone's king anyway?

Originally posted by Protagoras View Post

Nigel Farage says it is 'disgraceful' Sunak has asked king to meet Von der Leyen, and implies Charles should have refused

Von der Leyen has never hidden her affection for the British Royal Family, the late Queen in particular.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I didn't vote for any current national leader, but there are quite a few I would like to meet. Who would turn down a royal invitation, it's a rare experience.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The Orange Moron was desperate to meet the late Queen.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I really can't stand Charles, I can't even refer to him as king. But I suppose we can inflict him on Von Der Leyen, so at least he has some purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            I really can't stand Charles, I can't even refer to him as king. But I suppose we can inflict him on Von Der Leyen, so at least he has some purpose.
            That's a rather infantile comment. Does the mention of his name make you have a little bit of sick in your mouth?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

So someone who is rabidly anti-EU objects to the King meeting the president of the European Commission. How fascinating.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                I really can't stand Charles, I can't even refer to him as king.
                That's rather the point of a king/queen, they are one regardless what you think. There are popular and unpopular monarchs.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

That's a rather infantile comment. Does the mention of his name make you have a little bit of sick in your mouth?
                  You really do have a bee in your bonnet.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    That's rather the point of a king/queen, they are one regardless what you think. There are popular and unpopular monarchs.
                    Yes there are, though i would rather we didn’t have a monarchy.

Comment

Working...
                    X