• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you do with ones years income?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A night of unbridled passion with NLyUK - you would acquire some experience (and nasty little rashes) that stay with you for a lifetime?

Buy a bedsit over a kebab shop?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Invest the money in time with the people who matter to you.
      Life isn’t just about making money, life is for living. Go on a safari in Africa or a yoga retreat in Vietnam, maybe look at doing a 3 month sabbatical with VSO.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Overpay the mortgage.
        Go on nice holiday(s).
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Spend 98% of it on wine, women and song. The rest of it you can waste.,

Comment

One option is to post on an internet forum full of anoymous posters to wave your dick around and listen to the dreams of your peers.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Do what I did...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Many moons ago (about 18 years or so) I ended up with a wodge of cash in the bank when selling one property and buying another because I sold for more than expected.

I chucked it all in a savings account, drawing down what I needed to cover the bills each month, quit work and did a full time college course that helped me get into contracting. I couldn't afford to live an extravagant lifestyle but I had no debt (other than my mortgage) and all my bills were paid.

I needed to get a job after about 9/10 months, which is what I expected, but the time off from work to focus on study did me the world of good.

Comment

If you have a microphallus, you could buy one of these to compensate:

Click image for larger version

Name:	lambo_huracan_090.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	4252109

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                    Overpay the mortgage.
                    Go on nice holiday(s).
                    Overpayment of a mortgage may not reduce interest. What often happens is that overpayments are kept in a non-interest holding account. BTW, on most mortgages, the day of the month for payment also makes no difference to interest so therefore it is always best to pay on the last day of the month. Read the small print.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                      Overpay the mortgage.
                      Depends if he can get more in savings interest than what he's paying on mortgage interest.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X