• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: The Economy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Prediction = Forecast=Guess

one would expect it to be an educated guess but even the FT doubts their abilities
    Wait till the guy who wrote this reads your reply - he cherishes forecasts as the truth, particularly when they suit…

Yep its bad the forecast has our growth only .6% higher than Germany's -0.3%

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's the usual approach of believing any random tulipe as long as it's in line with your own beliefs and denying even the most solid and data driven proof cause it's "wrong".

Comment

Originally posted by WhooshTFH View Post

Wait till the guy who wrote this reads your reply - he cherishes forecasts as the truth, particularly when they suit…

Its scary sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and WTFH is having trouble with it.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
          It's the usual approach of believing any random tulipe as long as it's in line with your own beliefs and denying even the most solid and data driven proof cause it's "wrong".
          no when the facts change I change my mind, its all these remoaners having a circle jerk around IMF's dodgy guesses that amuses me.

Comment

no when the facts change I change my mind, its all these remoaners …
            You have to have your own mind to be able to change it.

But back to your standard M.O. - always point at someone else.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

You have to have your own mind to be able to change it.

But back to your standard M.O. - always point at someone else.
              Well your mind seems aligned to the IMF who as the FT says has a poor track record based on published statistics. So can you sensibly say that?

I have mentioned that both the forecasts and actuality show Germany in a worse state on the latest figures. Certain people seems to think that all issues are down to Brexit so how does that explain Germany's state?

Comment

no when the facts change I change my mind

No, you simply 'work the facts' to support the view you already hold like nearly everyone. People with strongly held views rarely change them quickly.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

No, you simply 'work the facts' to support the view you already hold like nearly everyone. People with strongly held views rarely change them quickly.
                  Forecast !=facts.

Germany has had lower actual growth on the factual figures.

So they aren't changing yet, others seem desperate to represent the UK as ailing.

There is no doubt the UK is going through challenging times but the forecasts seem a little negative based on existing facts.

Comment

And as suggested by your expert Vetran when the true figures came out the UK didn't have negative growth, its flat. Germany is in a bit of a pickle though.

Shockingly the IMF & Remoaners were wrong - again.

Comment

Working...
                    X