• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christians dying out or..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christians dying out or..

more likely people have started telling the truth.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...census-reveals

England and Wales are now minority Christian countries, according to the 2021 census, which also shows that Leicester and Birmingham have become the first UK cities to have “minority majorities”.
    The census revealed a 5.5 million (17%) fall in the number of people who describe themselves as Christian and a 1.2 million (43%) rise in the number of people who say they follow Islam, bringing the Muslim population to 3.9 million. In percentage-point terms, the number of Christians has dropped by 13.1, and the number of Muslims has risen by 1.7.

It is the first time in a census of England and Wales that fewer than half of the population have described themselves as Christian.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

When I was growing up coming out as an atheist was frowned upon.Would be even worse in the less cosmopolitan parts of the UK.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Serves them (the Census) right for not counting the Jedies

Comment

Thank God I'm an atheist
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Maybe the number of Christians being born is less than the number of Muslims.

Perhaps Christians are being outbred.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            When I was growing up coming out as an atheist was frowned upon.Would be even worse in the less cosmopolitan parts of the UK.
            Where did you grow up?

I wasn't even christened. Fortunately, my father's godmother sent me money for my birthday.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

A variant of "white genocide"?

Anyway, it's all been predicted. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3
              Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

That sounds very like Ian Paisley (I'll leave you to look up the exact quote)

Perhaps the number of people calling themselves "Christian" has dropped as they have read the Bible and decided that politics/money is more important than the social aspect of Christ's teaching.
                Remember when Cecil Parkinson resigned for having an affair, or David Mellor, Tim Yeo, but now it's considered par for the course and perfectly acceptable for MPs to be adulterers.
                If our leaders don't consider themselves accountable, then it's not surprising that those who support them also follow in their footsteps of considering parts of Christ's teaching to be very optional.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Where did you grow up?

I wasn't even christened. Fortunately, my father's godmother sent me money for my birthday.
                  Surrey - small villages rotated around religion.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Where did you grow up?

I was. Deity knows why as my family is multiple religions including Christian denominations/sects. Extended family get togethers are interesting. Least there are no atheist/agnostic vegans yet....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X