• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Fiesta

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: Fiesta

"End of the road for Ford Fiesta as UK favourite to be taken out of production

Ford not planning all-electric version of the supermini that has sold 4.8m units in UK since 1976"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...en-production/

No more Fiesta RS doing 50 mph on local 20 mph High Street???

Ford say that they are concentrating on electric cars and want more interesting shapes and designs in their range.
    In other words, copy the rest of the car industry with shapes that look as though they come from a Batman comic and attract 18 to 30 year olds.
    Gone are the days when you could distinguish between a BMW and a Kia without looking at the badge. Buying a new car depends on how many gadgets its has.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I was worried this thread was going to be about a different Fiesta, but it turns out that was DOOMed 2 years ago.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It actually stopped in 2020 and was famous for introducing Readers Wives, oh, a different Fiesta....

Click image for larger version

Name:	il_300x300.2972398388_p7d3.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	4239133
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Ford say that they are concentrating on electric cars and want more interesting shapes and designs in their range.

Name:	the-homer-inline4.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	4239140

Comment

Galaxy and S-Max to be dropped as well around the same time

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	the-homer-inline4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	4239140

No risk of breaking the 20mph speed limit in something like this.

Click image for larger version  Name:	sinclair-c5-the-tiny-ev-that-dreamed-big-and-failed-spectacularly_4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	409.7 KB ID:	4239144

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                In other words, copy the rest of the car industry with shapes that look as though they come from a Batman comic and attract 18 to 30 year olds.
                They do really like trying to make EVs look "futuristic" don't they. I prefer the idea of just making e-versions of proven models, which some are doing.

Fiesta has historically been a great little car with a consistently pretty good reputation. My first car was one of the 'square' ones I guess from the 80s, the latest ones have a really good little engine.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  It actually stopped in 2020 and was famous for introducing Readers Wives, oh, a different Fiesta....

Name:	il_300x300.2972398388_p7d3.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	4239133
                  The Mag for Sunny Strokes ... what a superb tag-line
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by HoofHearted View Post
                    Galaxy and S-Max to be dropped as well around the same time
                    Boring and middle-class suburban as it may be, I have both an S-Max and a Fiesta. They're both fantastic cars, very popular and I can't imagine why Ford would choose to stop making them. The S-Max deserves special mention as I've had it for 11 years and it's been family transport, student hall and house contents transporter, van for anything large (I once fitted a 2 seater sofa and 2 armchairs in, as well as a passenger) and it's a great drive which has just gone on and on with no real problems. My other half has suggested downsizing several times but I just know I'll need to transport several builders bags of garden waste to the dump, or help one of my daughters move something big & awkward, at some point in the not too distant future, so I resist fiercely

Comment

Working...
                    X