• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bring Back Boris!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Did I say that? Don't think I mentioned anything about them, but just in case if makes a different my circle of friends ranges from company directors up to CEO level through a range of professionals, retirees, teachers (quote a lot of them, so hardly right-wing bias...), self-employed of various kinds and people on NMW. that's a fairly wide spectrum. The majority, it has to be said, seem not to be in favour of the Tories as currently incarnated, nor any of the current senior players.

I am pleased that you have acquitted yourself. I am sure that I speak for the whole forum when I say that you seem like a very popular and gregarious man.

Comment

My right hand is my friend. Left hand if the rioght one is busy with something else.

Comment

Presuming Boris wins again...

Will he bring back his old cabinet in it's entirety, the one he had when he finally gave it up?

Or will have a more eclectic choice in mind this time... Would he give Truss and Sunak another shot at a cabinet post?

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
          Presuming Boris wins again...

Will he bring back his old cabinet in it's entirety, the one he had when he finally gave it up?

Or will have a more eclectic choice in mind this time... Would he give Truss and Sunak another shot at a cabinet post?
          Rishi for PM!

Are you ready for Rish!?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Putting Brexit aside, Boris is a centrist. He's just incompetent. However, the fact remains that he's significantly more popular than Sunak among the 2019 Tory electorate (even now). By definition, that contingent doesn't contain Labour voters who always vote Labour and it's a pretty good idea of the high water mark for who would vote Tory.
            If Rishi becomes PM Labour will have a hard time maintaining their SE Asian voters and getting floating SE Asian voters. Plus a few other groups.

That's presuming Rishi doesn't completely screw up the economy like his predecessor.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

If Rishi becomes PM Labour will have a hard time maintaining their SE Asian voters and getting floating SE Asian voters. Plus a few other groups.

That's presuming Rishi doesn't completely screw up the economy like his predecessor.
              Arguably he already did,,,

And to be fair many of the problems were (and still are) outside his control. He at least has a clear understanding of what they are.

Mutterings in the Wail this morning about Rishi and Boris coming back as a set. It's a thought; we could then pretend the last three months never happened!
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

I am pleased that you have acquitted yourself. I am sure that I speak for the whole forum when I say that you seem like a very popular and gregarious man.

You have no f***ing idea. And Malvolio is a construct, a persona built for this board many years ago (the clue is in the name), and is far harder on his fellow man than his author.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Sound like Rishi the snake is going to bottle it.

He doesn't want to go to a members vote again because he knows he will lose again.

Comment

Fook Rishi

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Rishi for PM!

Are you ready for Rish!?
                      No thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X