• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bring Back Boris!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	rantsft.png
Views:	125
Size:	471.6 KB
ID:	4238549
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      What would happen if nobody gets 100 nominations? Given the state of the government this sort of shambles in organisation is not inconceivable.
      Then Farage gets it by default. Will of the people and all that.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

They found him! Trust our tabloids.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...h-bar-28297672

Boris Johnson and wife Carrie are pictured at a beach bar on their Caribbean holiday blissfully relaxing far from the political storm raging back home.

The former Prime Minister was snapped sitting in luxury in the Dominican Republic as turmoil unfolded 4,300 miles across the Atlantic.

A British holidaymaker visiting a pal at the island’s Casa De Campo resort spotted the ex-Premier looking “chilled out”.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You're admitting you don't have any friends?
          Did I say that? Don't think I mentioned anything about them, but just in case if makes a different my circle of friends ranges from company directors up to CEO level through a range of professionals, retirees, teachers (quote a lot of them, so hardly right-wing bias...), self-employed of various kinds and people on NMW. that's a fairly wide spectrum. The majority, it has to be said, seem not to be in favour of the Tories as currently incarnated, nor any of the current senior players.

I'm not sure who "my lot" are supposed to be, which demographic are you assuming me part of?

The public's view of Boris isn't a conclusion you can come to, it's empirical data.
          Yet you seem to manage it. Strange that I have a "lot" and you don't, but you are the one allowed to state opinions as facts.

Blog? What blog...?

Comment

The public like Rishi a whole heck of a lot more than Boris.
            Polling indicates that 2019 Tory voters don't, though, which is what matters.

Comment

Sunak is basically popular* among Labour voters who will continue to vote Labour.

* For a Tory.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Yet you seem to manage it. Strange that I have a "lot" and you don't, but you are the one allowed to state opinions as facts.
                It's hard to keep hold of the flailing rope which is your train of thought but I never said I don't have a "lot" (or that you did).
                I merely asked who you think "my lot" are in terms of demographic? You used "your lot" as a derogatory term so it's reasonable to explain what you meant.

The petulant passive aggression "but you are allowed to..." doesn't really suit you either.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Sunak is basically popular* among Labour voters who will continue to vote Labour..
                  And Tory MPs. And moderate/centrist Tory voters. To be fair Boris is hardly far-right, despite what people like to claim (unlike Truss) which is one reason he was able to get such a convincing win in the GE in the first place.

Last election a lot of those "Labour voters who always vote labour" didn't. The centre ground is wide open given Labour have their own issues and a fairly unimpressive leader.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Boris Johnson and wife Carrie are pictured at a beach bar on their Caribbean holiday blissfully relaxing far from the political storm raging back home.

The former Prime Minister was snapped sitting in luxury in the Dominican Republic as turmoil unfolded 4,300 miles across the Atlantic.

A British holidaymaker visiting a pal at the island’s Casa De Campo resort spotted the ex-Premier looking “chilled out”.
                    Worth remembering that parliament is in session, we are in the midst of a political crisis, and Bojo is a sitting MP being paid £84,000 of tax payer's money per year to "work" but is instead taking it easy in the Caribbean.

The reality is that Boris is coming back, and this tulipshow is just getting started.

I assume the 60 odd ministers who resigned only 3 months ago will refuse government positions under this clown should he come back? Right?

Comment

And Tory MPs. And moderate/centrist Tory voters. To be fair Boris is hardly far-right, despite what people like to claim (unlike Truss) which is one reason he was able to get such a convincing win in the GE in the first place.

Last election a lot of those "Labour voters who always vote labour" didn't. The centre ground is wide open given Labour have their own issues and a fairly unimpressive leader.
                      Putting Brexit aside, Boris is a centrist. He's just incompetent. However, the fact remains that he's significantly more popular than Sunak among the 2019 Tory electorate (even now). By definition, that contingent doesn't contain Labour voters who always vote Labour and it's a pretty good idea of the high water mark for who would vote Tory.

Comment

Working...
                      X